Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore to get its cannons back!

Options
  • 08-09-2002 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

About time too, according to todays press the canons that were nicked from Tramore bay are to be returned from the UK where they have resided in several museums after being smuggled out of the country in the back of a van by salavge hunters in 1972.

I sugest they be returned to working order then placed on the hill above the Passage East car ferry, where they can be used to keep Wexford drivers at a distance!

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭frea

Or maybe aimed at the door of the Waterford County Council for allowing the household rubbish to get washed out to sea from the dump on the tide and then get washed back up onto the beach.

How bloody disgusting is that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I knew there were 2 cannons on the Doneraile walk area, but I didnt know there were other ones..

Where were they located.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The cannons were in the sea on the bottom of Tramore Bay. They were well know of as the ship that they came off went down in spectacular fashion if I remember rightly.
    I'm not sure if the Doneraile cannons are from the same
    ship.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭frea

Are they from "The Sea Horse". Or has that ship ever been found? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

The Seahorse went down a few hundred years ago and was smashed on the rocks..

Dont think there was ever much of that to be found.... even if there was anything left its probably rotted away by now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement