Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frailty

• 09-09-2002 8:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone catch this in the cinema over the weekend? Its one of the most engrossing, character-driven thrillers I've seen in a long long time..... ummm.... since Insomnia, anyway. :)

Nice to see two intelligent thrillers open on consecutive weekends.

Absolutely loved it, anyway. Brilliantly acted, great story and a very promising directorial debut from Bill Paxton......

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

Yea i seen it a while back. It was a excellent movie with great acting by Bill Paxton and the two kids. I would go to see it again.
    I heard of Insomnia but i heard that it wasnt that good. Well i know if Robin Williams is in it it cant tbe that bad.

stewiepoint.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I'm tempted to go and see it myself again (before it vanishes from the cinema).

As for Robin Williams, that guy is on a roll with 'alternative' roles. His next one is in a movie called "One Hour Photo". I watched the trailer over on http://www.apple.com/trailers a few days ago and it looks excellent. He plays a guy called Sy who develops photos in a one-hour-photo place (funnily enough!). He becomes obsessed with one particular family, and starts stalking them.

Williams looks seriously creepy in it. Can't wait to see it. Check out the trailer if you get a chance.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I saw this the other day, and I was WELL impressed. Although I've always thought Bill Paxton was pretty cool, it's pretty good to see him play a character with more depth than the usual goofball/hardass he always seemed pidgeon-holed with. I prefered this to Insomnia, tbh. Was rather disapointed with that, especially considering the cast & director, but I still can't fault Robin Williams with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

I went to see this 'cus Bill "Game over man" Paxton is a fave of mine, and the fact that it was directed by the dude was a good sign. Its a wellplayed character driven thriller with some very nice touches (seeing an angel appear while underneath a car) and some excellent acting from the kids. At the very end though, there are a couple of twists that had me smiling, and few others that didnt.

Advertisement