Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet launches UTVip Lite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I really think the IOFFL commitee should sent Scott and the guys a very big nice card this Christmas. :D

I know they're looking to maximise thier entry to the market but this level of response and quick decision
    making deserves special praise. The idea of errorcon
    being this savvy is laughable.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I thought I'd drop in and say great work guys. I hope you get the customers that you deserve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Originally posted by mike65
    The idea of errorcon being this savvy is laughable.

lol. very laughable indeed.

well I just signed up now. that 2hr disconnect was really discouraging me - and Esat haven't got a clue.

Now a 1 or 2 page pdf of you UTVip services would be very handy for flogging this service to my friends and neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Scott, is there any chance that you could set up some other way of payment in addition to credit card/direct debit? Not everybody has a credit card or can get authorisation from the bank for DD payments so, I was wondering, would you be able to set up something like payment through the post office or via cheque/postal order? Just a suggestion.

By the way Eircom, if you're reading this, please take note of UTV and Scott and note that this is how you handle customer relations. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Scott Taunton

Originally posted by aidan_dunne
    Scott, is there any chance that you could set up some other way of payment in addition to credit card/direct debit? Not everybody has a credit card or can get authorisation from the bank for DD payments so, I was wondering, would you be able to set up something like payment through the post office or via cheque/postal order? Just a suggestion.

It's a good point and one which we've looked at. The problem is the variable element of costs with voice calls and peak access. Unfortunately, we are unable to administer it at the moment, but I will report back if circumstances change.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Scott Taunton
    UTVi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I do have a logical reason for not signing up... which isn't to say I don't appreciate what's being done here.

AND so do Esat... I was speaking to them today and they said they were very pleased that UTV had made this step. And between the 2 of them maybe Eircon will sit up and take notice, after all customers leaving in droves does tend to make a bit of a statement. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Griff667

What can I say but wow... I'm frankly astounded that the Irish internet user's finally getting a fair deal. I mean, we make a suggestion like "how about a light-usage option?", or "not too keen on that 2hr cut-off, how about removing it?" and we get results within days. Even without the infamous "Esat 2000" incident, I'd still have switched to UTVip without a second thought. In the current climate, well I signed up 2 days ago, the second I heard about it. And I doubt I'll ever consider Esat or Eircon again.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just wanna say great work to all at UTV Internet. I am considering moving from NoLimits.

Will the service cope with all the demand? I remember NoLimits in its heyday and it was impossible to dial up between 6.30 and 10.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭piet

Well done utv, over the coming time we will see more packages coming from the other isp's. maybe moving to a 24/7 flatrate.
    It would be nice to be able to switch to a different package if it would be required, so in your initial 3 month package do you make allowance for excisting customers to make the switch in that period.
    Signed on last week, you are no. 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭piet

Sorry, offcourse I am talking about switching between utv packages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by piet
    Sorry, offcourse I am talking about switching between utv packages.

When UTV Internet bring out new products we strive to have a migration path for existing customers, regardless of contract term. Our aim is to try and produce new and innovative products to retain customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

Will the service cope with all the demand? I remember NoLimits in its heyday and it was impossible to dial up between 6.30 and 10.30.
    We're building the service to be accessible at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Malcolm Thompson
    Operations Manager
    UTV Internet

Jaysus its another one.

Soon the whole of UTVi will be boards members :)

gg lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

Soon the whole of UTVi will be boards members
    I hope not, we've work that needs done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭matthiku

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi

Exactly, and I am desperately waiting to get my account details to finally log on to the UTVip off peak flat rate.

"I want to break free
    I want to break free
    I want to break free from your lies"
    ("your" = €ircon?)

Queen's song for the Irish Internet User:

"Adventure seeker on a cloggy street (cloggy - the online clock)
    Just an alley creeper light on his feet (creeping to dial up)
    A young fighter screaming with no time for doubt (several fighters meanwhile)
    With the pain and anger soon see a way out (hopefully)
    It ain't much I'm asking I heard him say
    Gotta find me a future move out of my way
    I want it all I want it all I want it all and I want it now
    I want it all I want it all I want it all and I want it now"

"I want it all day" = the true flat rate

"Listen all you people come gather round
    I gotta get me a game plan gotta shake you to the ground
    Just give me what I know is mine (i.e. decent access to the Internet)
    People do you hear me just give me the sign
    It ain't much I'm asking if you want the truth
    Here's to the future for the dreams of youth
    I want it all (give it all) I want it all I want it all and I want it now
    I want it all (yes I want it all) I want it all (hey)
    I want it all and I want it now"

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

Originally posted by Scott Taunton

Done! We're dropping the 2 hour cut off (well increasing it to 12 hours to avoid unwanted call costs).

We're not going to be able to meet everyone's requests everytime, but we're doing our best :D

T's and C's are being updated now to reflect the change.

Kind regards

Scott Taunton
    UTVi

When will the t and c be updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Done! We're dropping the 2 hour cut off (well increasing it to 12 hours to avoid unwanted call costs).

We're not going to be able to meet everyone's requests everytime, but we're doing our best

T's and C's are being updated now to reflect the change.

Kind regards

Scott Taunton
    UTVi

Does this include the 150h service aswell?
    If so sweet.

Also i found out the hard way about the 12h d/c on your free service. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Yeah, you txt'd me screaming about it, then I said it was 150hr max and 2hr d/c and you txt'd back "WTF ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!" ... poor boy :p ... btw, arent you supposed to be working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by macronot

When will the t and c be updated?

The T's and C's have been updated now.
    Sorry for the delay but we have been involved in other customers and products:D .

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've put in a request for some already. Looking forward to it.

Scott Taunton
    UTVi

I can confirm that.

Also, didnt UTV Internet used to be DNA? If so I think things are a little clearer then before :)

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Martin-UTVi

Welcome to the Hotel California...

We are the reason behind the IT downturn :)

Next thing you'll be doing tech-support at the boards beer :)

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore

Welcome to the Hotel California...

It's a lovely place... :D

(If I got the lyrics wrong, I'm sorry... Haven't listened to the song in ages lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Ye go now and scrape me off the floor - I'm not used to all this interaction between an ISP and users. Scott apologizing because developing a product for mixed peak and off peak hours may take about a week - jaysus what next :D . Well done guys .. I'll be definitely interested in that. Another great aspect are migration plans for existing users to switch between products and changing the cut-off point to 12 hours. Need I go on ... should you be able to offer a full flat rate in the near future I'll put you in for beatification (or whatever else you might prefer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

So now I've done it and signed up - it's a win win situation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by DeVore

Also, didnt UTV Internet used to be DNA?

Yes they were. I subscribed with (then) DNA when they first started up down here (I think) about 5 years ago next Febuary.

And I still have my @dna.ie address :D

ah, that explains it. DNA were one of the first independant ISPs in the north (possibly the first... cant recall).

I met them once when the southern Quake Team played the Northern guys. Seemed like nice blokes, I wonder if any of them are still involved with UTV. Anyway, makes a certain amount more sense why they might understand their users needs better then most.
    More power to them I say!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Devore, i think they are the same ppl.

thos nice ppl in #dnagames on irc told me all about em (yes, lads, i AM stalking you ;) )

I remember reading an old article or something on the internet in PC Live ages ago, and Scott was with DNA Internet. Btw, I'm just curious. How are you able to offer unlimited webspace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Dustaz
    yes, lads, i AM stalking you ;)

be afraid, be VERY afraid :rolleyes:

Advertisement