Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Wheelie Bin

• 09-09-2002 10:05am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok- I know its sad- but some sod has nicked my wheelie bin.
    I never made a note of the serial number on the lid (why would I?) South Dublin Co.Co. are looking for another 120 Euro for another bin. What are my options. (and no- tossing the rubbish off the balcony is not an option....)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

When my wheelie bin was nicked they were looking for money or a letter sent to the right deptartment. This was with Kildare Co. Co. though. But still, ring them again and ask them if there is any alternative to paying up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hmmmm- was just talking to them.
    They gave me the serial number that is assigned to me, and have advised that next bin day I do a little scouting, and if I find my bin to nick it back again, and phone them and let them know what the story is. Apparently its a new trend (they even have someone specially in charge of it in the townhall in tallaght where south dublin co.co. are based.
    Will give it a shot.
    For future reference if it happens to anyone else they have the serial numbers on the lids on file, so if you ask nicely they will tell you.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ring the Garda.

It's better than coughing up 120 yo yo's, besides you'd really have to be a low life to lift a wheelie bin, so umm take comfort in the fact that whoever lifted your bin is most likely a scumbag anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭goose

nick someone elses!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Today, Tuesday, is bin day, and I reclaimed my bin before coming into work in the morning.
    I've also prominently painted my house number on it in white undercoat, so its not going anywhere in a hurry.
    Cheers for all the suggestions.

Shane

• Advertisement
Advertisement