Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinerama

Options
  • 09-09-2002 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

Anyone at the Cinerama gig last night in Spirit?
    In the words of Sid the Sexist, I reckon it was fookin' fantastic :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

man i had the chanc eot go but i was really tired.

i did an interview with david gedge... should be going out on anna livia on noiseannoys.

don't worry i'll edit my voice out.

NOTE: David gedge did'nt think the ireland performance against Russia was up to par either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Well, I suppose I couldn't really give an unbiased review of the gig, as I have seen the Weddo/Cinerama every time they played here since 1990 and I idolise the f'r :D A total of eleven albums under his belt and still class.
    I get the impression he's a sound bloke - I mean, he's out greeting the punters, having a down to earth talk with the fans before the gig, jumps up on stage, plays his f'n heart out and then goes back down and talks to fans again.
    Top bloke!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

..incredible gig i've *ever* seen. this band should rule the world...man is a genius...xd

Well said Dera - I couldn't agree more!!!

I presume you're a weddo fan? If so, you may be interested to know that in HMV on Grafton Street, they have a digitally remastered and repackaged Bizarro in their 3 for €30 - which contains 6 additional tracks, to include the fantastic cover version of It's not unusual :D

mm have only discovered 'em relatively recently after a chance encounter with Bizarro in a friend's house.. just kinda knew of them through the Frames doin' octopussy and all .. so i got the re-issued Seamonsters (yum!), must check out the Bizarro one too .. i like this lots-of-bonus-tracks idea!

• Advertisement

hey Dera,
    sorry for the delayed reply, but did you say the Frames did a cover of Octopussy? Is it on any album/single of theirs?

aaaaaaaaanyway (thank you Pete) the point here is CiNeRaMa .. beautiful, amazing band ... x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Agreed Dera,

Couldnt get to the gig, but everything I heard about it was positive. The wedding present are a band that its always a pleasure to get requests for (must pick up that remastered set shay) and that Cinerama single "Careless" is classic.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

Hey Dera.... what about that Frames cover?

Advertisement