Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Line-Out's

• 09-09-2002 4:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if their are any sound cards out there that have 4 or more line-outs ? I want to be able to play different music streams through the different line-outs. Is this possible ? Thinking of a project for college next year so I'm doing a bit of research.

Slaan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Why not just use 4 cards if you have enough slots? or even 4 of those USB sound cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Get a Sound Blaster Audigy.

I got one an am amazed with it...many, many buttons on it:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=17495&t=867&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=16&GrpID=3&s=pl

Komplett are stocking a good few Sound cards which you can find here. I would recommend the Audigy as they give amazing quality and performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

There is a way to wire 4 outputs to the livedrive module on a sb - live or audigy, you have to use different drivers as well.
    The sblive is not the only card which uses the emu10k1 chip. I've also heard rumours from many sources that the audigy has the same main chip as the sblive, just better drivers. This might explain why it offers no improvement in audio resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Audigy definitely uses a different chip, an evolution of the emu10k1. Took the Linux boys a while to beat Audigy support into the emu10k1 driver - definitely not a simple addition of PCI IDs.

Advertisement