Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

servers

Options
  • 09-09-2002 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

is there a qizmo on ign anymore?
    can someone put up a thread with all current servers/proxies somewhere please, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Quake3 OSP - Cloud.ign.ie

Quake 1 - Vishnu.ign.ie

No public proxies that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

can mp or whoever get a qizmo server up? GT are playing in the nordic quake league starting in a few weeks and we could really do with qizmo :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pug {erZ}

Ya can someone pls post the Irish servers for me - I have

slosh.ign.ie 27960/27500/27501
    and
    vishnu.ign.ie 27960/27961

but there must be other than osp !?

Oh and any CS would be nice 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

slosh and vishnu are gone now I think pug, the (only?) q3 server is cloud.ign.ie

only one quake3 server thats on cloud.ign.ie
    and one quake1 server thats on vishnu.ign.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Is it possible to play qw/quake3 over port 80?

I really wanna be able to play quake from college..bastards got the whole thing firewalled..cant even get at FTP sites :/

Someone help!

Tks for info .. not what I wanted to hear but no surprise..
    this was same for Q and Q2 here today gone tomorrow :(

As for firewall hacks just do a search on google with
    the type of firewall hack port etc and bobs your uncle..

try a search here :-

http://hack.box.sk/

dont know the rules here for hack sites so wont post
    exact links ( k admin ;) ) but above will find what
    you want to know !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

IGN, dont get me wrong, its good of u 2 give the Q3 comunity a server. I only started playing Q3 about 3 weeks ago or so and was playing on Vishnu. Im on NTL cable and was getting a steady 40-50 ping. I read on the boards that Vishnu was gone and there was new a supposedly better one, namedly cloud.ign.ie. So last nit i went in to check it out.

From what i saw last night this cloud server is load of bollox. I couldnt get under 100 ping and the other players who were there were constantly spiking. Some of the ISDN lads were spiking up to 9999 for a few seconds. That was rare, but their pings were repeatedly rising to 400-500. This server seems a bit of a joke compared to Vishnu from where i was sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Vishnu has always been bad for Quake3. I was playing on Cloud the other night and it was class.
    We are trying to spread servers evenly atm, bear with us. We have BF1942, DOD, Soldat etc up on the servers aswell, so be cool and it'll all be sort ed out. I'll test Cloud today again.

cheers Zero. Dont mean to sound bitchy, but was quite enjoying Q3 for a break from all the UT training l8 at nit. Just annoyed me when the server sucked ass last nit cos i would prolly never play again on that server if it was constantly like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by Zero
    Vishnu has always been bad for Quake3.

It always depended on which isp u where on. I used to reguarly hit 999 on ISDN to it (on eircom) but fine on any other isp.

I'm sure we'll all miss you something rotten.

Simple fact is that as newer games come on stream the games on existing servers will get moved around to make room for them.
    Theres a limited number of servers and vishnu is needed for other games.

Cloud server is fine, Dardoz the reason your ping is high is because you're on NTL which is routed through UK, right? If cloud server was based in UK you would be getting great ping.

The only ISDN player I saw who went 999 was dest, that was an ISP problem, happens occasionally, but you can't blame the server. The others (Rapier, Benji, maCHine13) are on modem, so spikes and bad lag are normal. If Irish ISDN players are going 999 then use com_maxfps 76 and it should fix it (ask Koopa if you want to know why).

also, dermo gets 98ish ping because hes in New York

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I get an adverage of 850 ping to it.
    Thats not as bad a vishnu, which was 999 solid on modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

cloud is brutal for me. feels like im running aobut on 20fps or soemthing. weird type of lag

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Are we gettin out qw servers back?, we were told they would be up soon but alas nuthing has happened...

The qw server never moved its still on vishnu.

well how do u explain how i was getting 40-50 ping on Vishnu constantly without spikes, and cant get below 100 on Cloud???

Planetary alignment ?

LOL :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dardoz
    well how do u explain how i was getting 40-50 ping on Vishnu constantly without spikes, and cant get below 100 on Cloud???

If you did get 40 - 50 ping on vishnu the routing must have been very good that day.. I've never seen an Irish ntl cabler get such good ping on an Irish server, mirv gets 90-100ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

whos running the qw server now? whoever it is can they put ktpro on it and up maxclients to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

i get 200 ping on cloud and im utterly disappointed:)

56K POWER!!!
    and some crap clan ,challenge Jb to a ctf match or tdm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Styx

We've just fired up a couple of QW server on mayen.dnagames:27010 and barney.dnagames.net:27501

One FFA the other ktpro 1-on-1.

If the pings are a bit high try using our dialup:
    1890 927171 (local call)
    Username & password: dnagames

Chuck

hmm 15 hops and dodgy ping for me to dnagames on ocean... are the servers in Ireland or a different country?

ah.. didn't notice the second part of your post about the dialup :)

Originally posted by Illkillya
    are the servers in Ireland or a different country?
    They are in Belfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

hmm im getting 55ms to my first hop when i log on using that dialup styx.. its 7:45am so i doubt its because of overloading, ill try again tonight just to make sure
    using the same settings im getting 25ms to my first hop on indigo(my best isp) and 32ms to eircom

heres my route to barney.dnagames.net using that dialup:

Tracing route to barney.dnagames.net [194.46.26.170]:
    1 52 ms 58 ms 56 ms 195.218.116.9
    2 51 ms 66 ms 54 ms 195.218.116.9
    3 55 ms 60 ms 59 ms 195.218.116.1
    4 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms 195.218.126.174
    5 234 ms 204 ms 252 ms 195.218.126.226
    6 67 ms 66 ms 60 ms 213.185.196.141
    7 61 ms 65 ms 59 ms 213.185.196.13
    8 58 ms 59 ms 59 ms 213.185.211.226
    9 79 ms 66 ms 72 ms 194.46.8.111
    10 63 ms 66 ms 77 ms 194.46.26.170
    Trace complete.

5th hop (bel-bgp1-s4-16.nevadatele.com) seems dodgy too, cant tell why, but its occasionally going to 200ms as you can see above

Yes the first hop can be higher because of the jump from Eircom to Nevada Tele.com, our telco. It's something that the UTVi team are investigating.

Chuck

Advertisement