Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"THE (Korn) concert"

Options
  • 09-09-2002 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So, tomorrow is a big day for the hoodie brigade. So, who's going to Korn? I am. NOt because of the hoodie brigade(k, I now DO have a legit excuse to beat the shxt of of them) but I feel i have a responsibility to be there, because 4 years ago their music changed my life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

<flame> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    (sniff)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    </flame>

*of course* i'm going :rolleyes:

In case you didn't guess I was being sarcastic.

And Garóg, please stop giving your threads stupid titles. It's ... erm... stupid. And I am flaming and trolling. Because I can and because I'm not a very nice person and because I really don't want to have to deny posting here on the other forums. :p

so i *MAY* :eek: be a bit insulting but tis for my own good. :p

<it's late and smilies seem soooooo tempting...>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

actually, this is one of the more relevant thread names. they're getting better :D

Yeah...em...no. the thing i find funny is that a lot of the people who will be there are most likely the type who bitch about bands "selling out" and all that ****e and becoming "commercial" etc.

And they're going to see KoRn.

Wonder how long before people cop the stupidity of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Ack, I envy popular/semi-popular/"oh, yeah, think I've heard of them"-bands' fans... at elast they bloody well get to go to concerts...

I WANNA SEE TMBG! Anyone up for kidnapping them and forcing them to play here sometime? I mean, they're probably the only Americans who haven't been to Ireland...

It's called "irony" dear.

That word again - "irony"

• Advertisement

On the note of bands we'll possibly NEVER see here <let's turn this into a DREAM CONCERT topic>:

Daevid Allen's University Of Errors
    Gong
    GNR <original line up... or even just Duff & Slash together>
    Tom Waits <it's been a good while since he's been here>
    Aerosmith <they haven't been here in about ... god knows how long>
    Motley Crue <supposedly planning farewell tour.. is Ireland included? doubt it>
    Captain Beefheart <he's now painting somewhere in a desert.. oh well>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Other bands/singers that will never play here,but who i *want* to see:
    Nirvana
    Pixies
    Jeff Buckley
    Jack Off Jill
    Jimi Hendrix
    The smiths
    Joy division
    Dashboard Prophets
    the vital components of half that list are dead, how depressing

Before someone mentions how morrisey is playing in a few weeks, I emphasise the smiths not morrisey on his own,some people maintain there is no difference,i am not one of those people.

Yeah... to include dead people or split up bands:
    Led Zepplin
    Tim Buckley <i say he's better than jeff>
    Clifton Chenier
    Pink Floyd
    Grateful Dead
    The Doors

oh and judging from this years form... Ozzy. ;p

But yeah... not musician but someone i'd have loved to see "perform" - Allen Ginsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Aerosmith <they haven't been here in about ... god knows how long>

*Ahem* They haven't been here, Sven. Because apparently Japan's better. Go figure.

}:>

• Advertisement

And lo! Hentai came into the conversation! ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

if only we could bring some of those bands back to life....well, they'd still sell out in a second.
    Japan?! why Japan?! why are they so special?! :)

Pokémon. I'm telling you, they're set to take the adult world by storm now as well, what with Nintendo's recently announced sequel, Pokémon Sexfari, an extreme sports racing/adventure/collecting title taking place on a nudist colony on a small tropical island, with over 5000 new exciting monsters ofm pleasure.

Source: er... over there -->

i know waaay too much about Pokemon for my own good- my little brother used to be obsessed. I can name way too many of them. they have taken over my mind. i hatehatehatehate them. :D

Yeah, me too. Only I don't have any younger siblings to blame.

*has the decency to look embarrassed*

Oh, and I can name all of 'em! Well, the first 151. Thye're the only real ones, after all. I don't hold with any of this nonsensical Johto gibberish.

the Johto league is rediculous.
    i can't name all 151, but i think i can name 100 or so. (oh dear god-- don't worry- i'm embarrassed right along with you)

And i can name 2, i think,i'm not even sure if they are actual pokemons or people taking the piss (jigglypuff?). And for once, my dignity remains intact. First time for everything,i guess.

sadly, jigglypuff is a pokemon. its special power is that is sings people to sleep by singing this horrendous (we're supposed to think its soothing) lullaby into its microphone which is really a marker. then when everyone is asleep, it draws on their faces. when they wake up they all say- ohno! you have pen on your face!
    erm....i'm shutting up now
    *feeling very pathetic, crawls back into cave*

I vaguely know something about pokemon from playing the game for a week <or so> and from occasionally seeing the cartoon when i woke too early.

*feeling slightly consoled*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Korn -> Pokémon in roughly a page... the mind boggles.

Yeah... was thinking that myself... just didn't want to say...

we've come up with weirder...(resisting the urge to say the over-used talented youth joke....)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement