Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolfenstein - The movie!

• 10-09-2002 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Well, no not really... But close!

But just take a look at what I scowered imdb.com for:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0081027
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0086486

Personally, I have to track these down, just for laughs even! It's quite amazing the tripe that actualy gets made, but I generally love these old zombie movies. Half the time they're so bad, they're good. Anyone else seen any really stupid zombie or horror movies? Actualy, some good ones would make a welcome change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

from one of the reviews:
    The dubbing is the worst I have seen in any movie and it
    is not about flesh eating zombies. It is about zombies who fondle girls breasts and asses. Don't rent this!!!!

screw flesh eating.. gimme fondling zombies anyday.. hell thats a reason to rent it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

They are actually making a RTCW movie (apparently)...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/new_media/2132214.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ah, that could be quite interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

oh god sounds like the time they were going to make a movie out of doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Anyone else seen any really stupid zombie or horror movies?

Zombie Flesh Eaters. Saw it a while back on DbD.

Classical!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oh god sounds like the time they were going to make a movie out of doom.
    i think thats still in the works

Zombie Flesh Eaters was brilliant tho!
    Gotta love that underwater scene with the shark.

Children of the Living Dead - this is appearing in all the crappy video stores now. I checked the back, saw it had Tom Savini, and figured it couldn't be _all_ bad.
    It wasn't.
    The film rules right up until Tom Savini dies.
    Unfortunately, this is in the first 5 minutes of the movie. All downhill from there. I doubt the director even fully understands what a 'zombie' is. 'Master Zombie' my arse.

Also - Zombie Holocaust. This tries to be both a zombie movie AND a cannibal movie. It fails. It sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

sorry but George A. Romero is the Zombie master

Now can we hear from someone who isn't stating the obvious?

Although, having said that - Lucio Fulci gives him a run for his money.

• Advertisement

Actualy on the same note... Saw a film today in the video shop I'm grab next time around. It's called The Keep, and it has Jurgen Prochnow in it, so it can't be that bad? But its about a keep that german soldiers are to garrison during WWII, and that it was actualy built to keep in some ancient evil thingie. Looks cool.

Funnily enough, I watched that on Sunday night.
    It sounds like a really good film. Fantastic idea, blahblah. Unfortunately, it falls way, way down. The 'monster' looks terrible, and there's no real sense of 'fear'. Plus, the entire film is terribly disjointed, frequently breaking your concentration, and destroying the 'spell' all good movies are supposed to put you under.

It looks fantastic though. Some of the shots are really memorable (the long, swooping pan back when the soldier looks into the hidden chamber), and Gabriel Byrne makes a fantastic Nazi (or maybe that was just his severe haircut).

Having said all this, it's probably worth checking out, if only to actually watch Michael Mann learn how to do all the things people would mock him about in his later films - also, the video has been deleted here for a while, so it's pretty hard to pick up these days.

Well, just got it out today.
    Only 1.50 euro, so I'm not going to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

braindead :D

a classic of all time. directed by peter jackson(lotr) aswell.you'll piss yourself watching it though

I just watched The Keep, and it was pretty poor indeed, but kinda worth it for the price I paid... Some excellent shots in it indeed fantastic. Gabriel Byrne and Jurgen Prochnow were pretty damn brilliant also.

But there's almost no action to it at all!
    There's not even a scene of any soldier in some big shooting frenzy with the monster.
    Very slow moving, and just about no action. :(

Advertisement