Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song at end of Bachelor's Walk?

Options
  • 10-09-2002 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Hey people. If u saw the last episode of the last series of Bachelor's Walk then u might be able to help me. Y'know when the 3 of them are sitting around the table and they're playing this blues song? What is the song and/or who is it by?
    (I didn't see this. It's me mate who wants to know)
    Any info at all will be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hey,
    can't remember the tune. I watched the series first time around, so it's been a while. Anyhoo, I'm pretty damn sure it was Tom Waits.... I'm checking with a mate to see which song it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

it was tom waits dont know the song though... but a dj i dont know played the song the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sinsey

Yes it was Tom Waits, pretty early, and if I remember correctly was Kentucky Avenue , from Blue Valentine, 1978 - it ended:

take the spokes from your wheelchair
    and a magpies wings
    and tie em to your shoulders and your feet
    i'll steal a hacksaw from my dad
    and cut the braces off your legs
    and we'll bury them tonight in the cornfield

put a church key in your pocket
    we'll hop that freight train in the hall
    and we'll slide down the drain all the way
    to new orleans in the fall

Classic album - everyone should own one.

Also for any diehard Tom fans who haven't heard his booking agent has announced he will be touring before Christmas, but from what I've heard he probably won't be touring outside America. So be very nice to your bank manager!
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

I've only gotten into Tom WAits in teh last couple of weeks, but he's really really good, I'd recommend the Closing Time album to ya'll !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

Advertisement