Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help wanted withlocating a building

Options
  • 10-09-2002 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭

i am looking for information on the following company and its exact location.

The company is American International Group RTC
    Parhhouse
    Georges Ave
    Blackrock
    Dublin 4

I not from dublin so i need information on how to get there from Hueston station.

So if you know what this company does please let me know

I am going for a job interview there next month.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not 100% sure of the exact location,but heres how to get to BlackRock from Heuston station.
    1.Outside Heuston get any bus into the city centre.
    2.From there make your way to Tara street station(close enough when you get off the bus)
    3.Get a DART(every 5 mins) southbound and check the signs for Blackrock.When you get to Blackrock you should be able to get exact directions to this company.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You're going for a job interview and don't know what the company does??!!

weh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Normally called AIG and main business is Insurance, but also finance, leasing etc.

Address is Parkhouse and Blackrock is County Dublin, not D4.

It's about a five minute walk from the DART, near Eagle Star & Canada Life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Thanks for the help guys. Its a work placement from college. The college organised it. They rang up today to say to go there for a job interview.

Thas why i dont know anything about it.

I am training to be a network technician. Is it a big place with lots aof computers etc.

Whats accomdation like in blackrock. It is expensive. is it a nice place to live in case i get the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Accomidation in Blackrock is very expensive but still its well nice at the same time. Very nice area but you will pay through your nose for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    3.Get a DART(every 5 mins)

:D Oh Jesus!! That has to be the funniest thing I've heard all year! Are you from Dublin Hellrazer, or have you temporarily lost your mind? A DART every 5 mins? :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sorry loon according to dart.ie the dart departs tara street st every 6 minutes.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables.asp

If you select a time between 8am and 3pm which Id say this person is travelling between then according to dart.ie then there is a dart every 6 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

AIG also do pension funds and the like.

The building in Blackrock is their european IT headquarters, AFAIK

If you leave the DART station, follow the crowd to the mainstreet in B'rock, at th lights almost opposite you will be a small road heading inland, hoof up that to the end, you'll be facing the B'rock bypass. Superquinn HQ will be on the right, Eagle star and AIG building on the left.

As it happens my sister is a PM with AIG, if you've any specific questions, give me a PM and I'll forward it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Sorry loon according to dart.ie the dart departs tara street st every 6 minutes.

http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/timetables.asp

If you select a time between 8am and 3pm which Id say this person is travelling between then according to dart.ie then there is a dart every 6 minutes.

Sorry Hellrazer, but in the real world, DART timetables are irrelevant. They DO NOT depart every 6 minutes. I truly do believe you've lost your mind.

I arrived on the station once to see the sign reading 40 minutes till the next DART!!! I've often seen the display change from 2 minutes back to 4!! Or do you ever get that last minute which seems to go on fo five?

Yeah the timetables report this, but it doesn't happen, and I don't believe you're that naive to think they are every five minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hehehe, a Dart every 6 minutes, thats funny!

Is it not the Dart company who's motto is "We're not there yet but we're getting there!"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, the busses arrive bang on schedule as well - CIE, what a company... :mad:

Advertisement