Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomez gig

Options
  • 10-09-2002 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

Gomez will return to Ireland to play a concert in The Ambassador on Friday 13 December.

Tickets, priced €29.50 and €31.20, are on sale from the Olympia Box Office and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

P.S. I liked Bring it on, liquid skin and Abandoned Shopping Trolley Hotline, but I heard really bad reviews of the latest album. is it that bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Reviews are only someone's opinion. If u wanna know if it's any good then listen to it! U might have a different opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

True..... I wouldn't pay much heed to one review, it was the number of bad reviews that concerned me.
    I was looking for some fans' opinion....
    Okay, okay - I was just being cheap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lunar Junkie

In the opinion of a well-seasoned Gomez fan...

It's split about half between great and mediocre. There's a lot of sketchy sub-Beta Band electronica stuff which really isn't particularly worthwhile on there BUT there are enough excellent songs (like Shot Shot and 100 Times) to make it worth a listen... They're actually a lot better live now then they used to be- a lot of the improv\jamming has been chopped out and it's more tight and to-the-point... plus they still play a lot of Bring It On and Liquid Skin songs, so I'd still go and see them even if you're not into the newer stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

OOHHHHHHHHH Happy!!!!!
    I love the new album...but listen even if youre not too crazy bout it... go see them if youre at all into their stuff cos they are brilliant live!! YAY:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa Gomez!
    I like their new album its funky!
    Tickets-quite dear but dont care cause yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement