Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Tallaght

• 10-09-2002 3:58pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

just wonderin' whos up there and what yea doin?
    reg'd there today for computers, any one here doing the same this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Welcome OJ to the Land of Panic Stricken and Stressed Students :D

Its a Good College and the Course is Great. I'm (hopefully) Goin into 3rd year now so Dont be afraid to Say hello.

We'll be the 3rd Years Playing CS after Hours in the 3rd year Lab.

Enjoy

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭threefour

Thats coz the 4th year students won't let you in the 4th year lab. But seriously, I've just finished my 4 years of computers there. No pub, crap socials and poor support from lecturers. Oh by the way i think when i did the course it was 315 points. Now its only 175.
    I think that speaks for itself. They took away the computer society aswell. enjoy the four worst years of your life. Oh and make the best of first year, it only gets worse from then on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've just finsihed my first week there, was easy nuff, the real stuff starts next week, saw the time table.. just wondering, what is "BOM"?
    First week has been brillant, went on the hop and went to Mollys with a load of lads, its very tempting to get drunk and easily skip classes :(
    The women there, holy **** don't start me off, they're ****ing lovely bruds and luckily enough a lot of little sluts who love when yea get stuck into there nickers first day yea see them - then bang they're havin a go at your best mate. I love the idea of turning up to classes when yea want, I've been locked in 2 classes this week, those pitchers in Mollys are good value!
    Roll on freshers week! :D:D

Originally posted by threefour
    Thats coz the 4th year students won't let you in the 4th year lab. But seriously, I've just finished my 4 years of computers there. No pub, crap socials and poor support from lecturers. Oh by the way i think when i did the course it was 315 points. Now its only 175.
    I think that speaks for itself. They took away the computer society aswell. enjoy the four worst years of your life. Oh and make the best of first year, it only gets worse from then on.

Agreed with the Social Life and Student Union.

Also, watch out for this years Fourth Years.... They're a Little Weird.. SERIOUSLY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Cian H

Originally posted by OJ

Roll on freshers week! :D:D

I'll b in coyote tomorrow :D:D gonna be locked, is it cheap drink?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Cian H

I'll b in coyote tomorrow :D:D gonna be locked, is it cheap drink?

Naa, didn't buy tics for that.
    dono about the prices of the drink.. how'd you get tickets for it? you in tal Cian?
    I'm going to Aslan on tues, and the magic bus on wed(mystery tour to get locked)

No i'm not in tallaght, my friends are, they got me the ticket.
    Needless to say i was rat-arsed.

That bus is on today not wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I understand you lot ended up here in Carlow on tuesday night? Ye should have left it till thursday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tallaght is ok, better than some places. To bad its rubbish for pubs etc, besides molloys. We need a on-campus bar methinks, and I'm sure I heard someone say that they will be building one nest year.
    The "computer authorities" have got a little more strict this year, blocking some websites, INCLUDING BOARDS.IE. But seems as Im actually in here now, typing this, proves there are ways around ANYTHING /me looks at irc:) Were the Quakers not the gey cs'rs and we play during college hours in full view of everyone, hmm no one has said a thing in the past year though. We got caught only when we played after hours :) Here what rooms are you cs boys in, and when, and we'll play ya's and woop ya's :) GWAN THE VINCúNT.

Originally posted by Stephen
    I understand you lot ended up here in Carlow on tuesday night? Ye should have left it till thursday :)

Yea, went down to Carlow,
    Loads of the locals told me Thursday was the night to be down there at.. I got ****ed outa the place at around 10pm for the night :(
    ****in basterds caught me at the fire exit trying to open it to let some other mates that got kicked out in, hehe

Though I'd say there would be some fights with us and the locals on Thurs night..

I signed up for your karting today Giblet, and I was talking to yea. Know who I am yet? :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Giblet
    Tallaght is ok, better than some places. To bad its rubbish for pubs etc, besides molloys. We need a on-campus bar methinks, and I'm sure I heard someone say that they will be building one nest year.
    The "computer authorities" have got a little more strict this year, blocking some websites, INCLUDING BOARDS.IE. But seems as Im actually in here now, typing this, proves there are ways around ANYTHING /me looks at irc:) Were the Quakers not the gey cs'rs and we play during college hours in full view of everyone, hmm no one has said a thing in the past year though. We got caught only when we played after hours :) Here what rooms are you cs boys in, and when, and we'll play ya's and woop ya's :) GWAN THE VINCúNT.

How do you get boards.ie? It was fine last year? What are you connecting to? hoth or chewie?

anyway.. i think i wont be playing much of cs this year due to work load.

boards2.dahomelands.net

Complements of flamegrill ;)

I was the guy with the black long hair and I wasn't there that long, You sure it was me. The guy with the glasses is Gideon.

Yea it musta been Gideon then..

Q for u computer heads, how do u send a msg to another computer on a network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

ITS ME

If on NT,
    start - programs - accesories and you should se "chat" there,
    both clients have to have it open, yand you should be able to select your friends computer IP or computer name..

Originally posted by OJ
    boards2.dahomelands.net

Complements of flamegrill ;)

Thanks Oj... now I'll have something interseting to look at ;)

****ing internet gets boring sometimes without meh broads :p

Oe if you wanna bug the hell out of someone, just do

Start :: Run :: net send <student number without brackets> Message

or search for the novell message software.

Actually, I hear that they took on 5 first year classes this year!

Say good bye to project work for 2nd yrs and 3rd years. Its fúcking ridiculus taking on more students without the facilities :mad:

• Advertisement

in run type "net send labxxx-xx message"
    eg: net send lab201-17 hello
    that will send a message to computer 17 in lab 201, seems that SOME of us, dont have our student IDs yet :<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ah net send.

Ill always remember the day when a lecturer came into the lab and put up what we thought were results from a CA.

But no, it was a printout of a conversation over net send that some people obviously thought was private ;)

They have ways of logging your talk ;p

Also be careful about leaving your machine unattended, I once got into a lot of hassle when I left one night and forgot to log out, I was asked to leave a lecture by some of the technicians and asked what I was doing on the previous friday night.

Someone had sent a very very nasty net send or several to some of the lecturers. Only I had worked in the college one summer I was going to be in a fair bit of trouble and luckily one of the dead on techies was there and knew I at least had the cop on not to do something that stupid.

My favourite line from the other techie 'it was your account, you did it'.... a bright future as a lawyer that one *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

*meep*

Tallaght has ACCOUNTS:> LOL

net send don't seem to work for meh, does the computer you're trying to send a message to have to have something open or somethin?

Net send has been disabled and now I hear they are restricting net acces to "Educational Sites" Only..... Thank good I have only one year left :mad:

Net send is not blocked. And I seriously doubt they would block net access to that level. Complaints would ensue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Giblet
    Net send is not blocked. And I seriously doubt they would block net access to that level. Complaints would ensue.

They blocked it in IT Blanch! Along with NT chat lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Gah, computers in nci are ****e. You can't install anything and don't even think about downloads :(

• Advertisement

They unblocked everything the next yr in Blanch, due to complaints.

Advertisement