Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with terminal program needed

• 10-09-2002 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Greetings fellow Mac heads :)

I have a problem and the solution is probably staring me in the face but I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm uploading my site content to server using NiftyTelnet 1.1 SSH and MacSFTP. The server sysadmin suggested I use a 'terminal program' to write directly to server (I want to run webalizer from server).

I searched around and came up with ZTerm 1.0.1 and still can't figure out how to write basic commands.

I'm using G4 OS9.2. I know OSX has a terminal program included, but I don't want to switch over yet. The server is running Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.7 OpenSSL/0.9.6b DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26

Where should I go from here?

thanks in advance

ganam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

If the server in question is running ssh (which it probably is since you're scp'ing into it), you can use MacSSH to open a terminal session on it.

Make sure your account on the server is set up with a shell first though, your administrator can sort that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ganam

Many thanks Hecate for your reply and link.

MacSSH was just the job and I'm up and running now.

ganam

Advertisement