Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for Special Topic (History)?

Options
  • 10-09-2002 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Any interessting topic, preferably Irish? Suggestions:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Shane
    Any interessting topic, preferably Irish? Suggestions:

There was a thread on this a few months ago that might be worth digging up. I did a European special topic last year, however i only found out later that people who do Irish special topics get on average a higher mark for their topics. If you are picking an Irish special topic then make sure that it's completly original. Examiners also LOVE local history topics. Something like the history of railways in your area, something on the local Land League organisation or an interesting incident that took place in your area.

In short, do an original local Irish history essay, more likely to get a higher mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 D V

I did a European one (Sputnik) and got 80/80. And, luckily for me, it actually was interesting - unlike the vast majority of the other options I briefly looked into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Can you email it on to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'll sell my special topic to you I got full marks for the essay lost a few marks for the other questions.

Its alot of hassle to type out a essay. Why dont you just go and do the bit of work its not exactly hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

My cousin and sister gave me their pre exam topics(basically what they did in the exam), both got a1's so i have two topics to chose from, it aint cheating its just semi fraudulent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Don't know if you are doing art or not?

If you are consider doing a special topic on DADA and its effects on the WW1 as an Anti-war movement.

Thats what I did and I got 76/80 :)

My cousin and sister gave me their pre exam topics(basically what they did in the exam), both got a1's so i have two topics to chose from, it aint cheating its just semi fraudulent.

Thats what everyone does pretty much, dont kid yourself your not a mad ****er cheating the whole system and trying to pass it off to look super mad.

This guy is coming onto a leaving cert forum looking for his special topic. He obviously hasnt checked the internet or looked around in his local community thats whats annoying me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

Im also doin Higher Level history i was thinking of doing winston churchill in the Boer war. But if it`s irish history you`re looking for i`d say countess markaviech`s part in the 1913 lock out would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I agree with Damnyanks, go do your own topics.

There are only a few history exam markers in the country, so there is a chance that the same examiner could be marking the same special topic, if that happens you are up a certain creek without a certain implement . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I did Hitler in World War one and I've gotten full marks for it both times in tests, although I lost one mark cause my review was written in 30 seconds during the summer exam :)

• Advertisement

Red neck or mcauly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Try the "Battle of Kursk" where the soviets destroyed army group centre due to the helpful information of the British crack of the enigma encoding machine and the great stratagem from General Zhukov...

Advertisement