Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder

• 11-09-2002 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

im looking for a DVD recorder
    not the kind you put in your pc

something like a standalone dvd recorder to record movies from the tv (sky digital) onto dvd and rewriteable would be good too :) and also play them back too
    dvd format (ram/rom/R) or whatever doesnt really matter all i want is to record movies in digital form from sky digital and play them back later

i heard there were dvd players that had recording too but where do i buy one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

these standalone dvdr writers are quite expensive €700~ if i was you i would wait a while, argos do one you can allways buy one there play around with it and if it doesnt suit bring it back;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

get sky+ instead
    Nearly easier, or a TV capture card, CD burner, massive hard drive, fast cpu and Hardware DivX decoder card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

Pionne AOR-4 on Komplett.ie for 330 including vat

Pionneer that was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by SyxPak

Nearly easier, or a TV capture card, CD burner, massive hard drive, fast cpu and Hardware DivX decoder card.

I have tried the above, without the DivX decoder card (didn't know there was such a thing) and the results were disasterous.

When I eventually got video onto the CD-R in video CD format, the DVD player refused to read the disk (it can read Video CD's 'cos I have a load of them, it just won't read CD-R).

SKY+ sounds like the simplest option.

:(

• Advertisement

Build urself a home divx cube using Shuttle mini-pc architecture

home divx and mp3 center

get wireless keyboard,mouse and remote control

ur flying :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, you've got me thinking - I've got the wireless mouse, keyboard and the remote control that comes with the TV card.

What's this Shuttle mini-pc architecture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

http://www.sudhian.com/index.cfm/cat/28.sud

Forums in there have a load of info on everything you need to know to get set up. gl.

Advertisement