Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beggars on our streets

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Turnip

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    You’re not. Trust me.

LOL. I assure you I do look after myself. Fancy a friendly bout do you?

Red Devil. Stop whinging and start lying. Fix your CV so you can get a mickey mouse job. If you want to work you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Turnip
    LOL. I assure you I do look after myself. Fancy a friendly bout do you?
    No thank you, I'm straight - I'll take your word for it :rolleyes: :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Corinthyfry.JPG

hee hee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

As in every other first world country, there is a thriving under-the-table labour market in Ireland. Many non-nationals find work as labourers and in other industries working illegally. They get what they want, to stay in Ireland after their asylum application has been rejected, or their visa expired, and employers get a cheap source of labour.

this man is on right on the money, as usual;

http://www.feargalquinn.ie/st/econimm.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

I DONT REALLY THINK ABOUT THE BEGGING SITUATION TOO MUCH, WHEN I FIRST CAME TO DUBLIN ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I WAS VERY TAKEN ABACK BY EVERYONE COMING UP ASKING FOR MONEY, OR TURNING EVERY CORNER AND SEEING SOME POOR FELLA HALF ASLEEP SITTING ON THE PAVEMENT WITH HIS CAP OUT FOR MONEY.
    THE BAD THING IS THAT AFTER A WHILE YOU GET USED TO IT, IT DOESNT SEEM LIKE ANYTHING TO GET ALARMED BY. PERSONALY I THINK THAT PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEG ON THE STREET IF THEY WANT. THE ONLY AFFECT BEGGERS HAVE GENERALY IS TO CAUSE US MAYBE A COUPLE OF MINUTES DISCOMFORT AS WE PASS BY THEM ON THE WAY BACK FROM WORK OR WHEREVER.
    SAME AS WITH EVERYONE, AS LONG AS YOUR NOT DISRESPECTED BY SOMEONE YOU SHOULDNT GIVE THEM TOO MUCH GRIEF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭MDR

Ignore the problem and hope it goes away ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Peepelz.
    The beggars like the poor are forever with us.
    Not all beggars are poor,nor are all the poor beggars...
    Recently I watched two youthful Foreign doll faced girls hustling passers-by at the Savoy on O Connell St...they were very selective and targeted elderly or female pedestrians...nothing odd bout that...
    However...i took exception to their treatment of an Oriental Chappie and his girlfriend who having demurred at giving them money was walking away when one of the lovely fragrant young ladies let fly with a great big creamy gob on the back of his jacket.
    The two harpies laughed heartily as they walked away with their infant clasped to their bosoms.
    I rang 112 and was greatly heartened to see both of these worthless creatures being thouroughly patted down by a BanGarda as I passsed by Clerys a few minutes later...just a small victory for the common man I felt.
    Incidentally I have begun to carry my Digital camera around with me now and if approached by a begging git I produce it and begin flashing away..I have found it a most successful repellant especially against the persistent and threatening foreigners...these folks simply do NOT want ANY images of themselves doing the rounds......Their reactions are simply out of this world...go on try it.....:mad:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

When Gardai stop people like these "youthful Foreign doll faced girls" they need to establish whether they have any legal right to be in this country, which seems unlikely, and if they do not they need to be dispatched whence they came.

Any criminal or anti-social behaviour, eg begging, should immediately void any asylum claims they have - straight to the airport with them!

Ireland has got the reputation of being a soft touch, this means we will increasingly get taken advantage of. We need immigrants if we want to grow our economy but the right sort, we need to attract the hard working, educated people not the thieves and parasites, we have enough of those of our own already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

walked from nassau street to stephens green, from there to baggot street, then back to grafton street and onto henry street (via temple bar).
    Total homeless people spotted = 13!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭MDR

Total homeless people spotted = 13!!!!!

Its getting really, really, bad ...

I think I am gonna have to write to my td ...

Advertisement