Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices please

• 11-09-2002 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

My company's been offered the following 2nd hand hardware and I was wondering how much we should offer for them.

3Com 3300 switch
    3Com 3300 MM switch
    3Com 3300 XM switch
    Compaq Proliant ML370 ( with screen & k/b )
    Dell Dimension XPS R400 ( with screen & k/b )
    Dell Latitude Notebook
    Dell Optiplex ( with screen & k/b )
    HP Laserjet 5Si
    HP Scanjet 5100c

That's all the details I have at the moment but I'm going to see them later on today.

Thanks.

Patrick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Dell Latitude Notebook

could be any spec. whatsoever... €400+

Dell Optiplex ( with screen & k/b )

again.. optiplex are standard desktops.. could be any spec. €200+

HP Laserjet 5Si

€400-€600 (its a large heavy duty office job..)

HP Scanjet 5100c

€100-150 (could be the scsi model though..)

ive no idea on compaq or switch prices.. check a few websites and start at 35% of the new price and haglge from there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Me again.

The Dell Optiplex's turned out to be G100's, Celeron chips with 4gb HDD's - €100

The Compaq Proliant ML370 was a PIII, 1ghz, with 36gb of disk space & a 20gb DLT drive - They wanted €7000 for it :eek: ( It cost them €11000 new )

The switches where SuperStack II & III's but I've already got some so I didn't get a price.

Patrick.

PS They had loads of other stuff, so if your in Limerick and interested, PM me and I'll send you the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well as I work for a Compaq reseller it sounds like they are pulling your leg regarding the price they paid or they got seriously ripped off.

The ML370 is one of the entry level servers and on Hardware costs alone for the equivalent ML370G2 Model we'd charge probably around €7000 (obviously depending on memory configuration, whether you have a single or dual processor and raid configured).

Gandalf.

Advertisement