Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parental control option & ratings

• 11-09-2002 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a bit concerned about the parental locks that don't seem to work on my digibox... well I'll rephrase they work for "Movies" but not for other content.

I'm happily watching Yes Minister last night, obligatory viewing for all FF/PD ministers, and I accidently switch up one channel, lo and behold Living TV and "Sex Goddess......", our parental lock is switched on for 18's, whats the story, whos responsible for the ratings on this feature (parental lock that is), Sky or individual companys. :mad:

I want to be able to control the content of our kids viewing but this takes the pi$$.

Is there a problem with the box, software or is it as I suspect a half hearted attempt to placate parents.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by Funky Phantom
    Hi all,

I'm a bit concerned about the parental locks that don't seem to work on my digibox... well I'll rephrase they work for "Movies" but not for other content.

It could be that Living TV haven't specified that that particular programme is 18-rated. Did "18" appear beside the programme name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Its up to each individual tv company to set a rating for their programmes. If they dont then the parental lock wont work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

AFAIK, it is up to the individual channels to grade their programmes, and enforce the ratings system.

The Sky family of channels do this very well, but they cant help it if other channels, like LivingTV, dont enforce it. After all, the ratings system is nominal, its not part

I'd e-mail LivingTV/Flextech on this one.

Contact page is here

Advertisement