Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting VCDS to PS2

Options
  • 11-09-2002 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello People,

I've been trying to convert my divx's and vcds to a format that is playable on the Playstation 2. It is possible, I've read all the faqs... there is one missing link in my quest.

ps2str

Its a little program that used to be available on the sony developer site for basically converting files to usable PSS (a kinda mpeg2 file playable on the ps2).

I've spent a few hours searching for it. I can't find it. Does anybody happen to have it somewhere?

This program is supposed to be completely free by the way, so theres no copyright problems here.

Tamylon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

if you get a mod chip in your ps2 you can play vcds on it ,i think.a friend of mine cd do it ill ask him

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamylon

I wasn't aware that a mod chip would allow you to play VCD'S.

I thought it only made the dvd player multi-region.

If anybody else can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it. Any modchip websites that I've gone to don't mention anything about VCD's.

I refuse to buy a VCD/DVD player to play all my VCD's. My current VCD player is the NAPA portable one... and its kinda on the blink.

Tamylon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

i am not fully sure about this i will ask my friend when i am talking 2 him

Advertisement