Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Died in a Movie

Options
  • 11-09-2002 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭

To promote the release of our new EP 'I Died in a Movie', THE 66 ELECTRIC are playing in the DA2 club on Wednesday 25th September.

1. Its only €6 in.
    2. Support is from Belfast's 'Edgeweather' who are bloody alright.
    3. We, THE 66 ELECTRIC aint bad either.
    4. Stay tuned to Phantom for more news.
    5. Trust me.

66e

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

you guys used to be rudy right?

do you still do the old rudy songs?

if so then why the name change?

theres also little point posting on these boards advertising gigs, nobody here will go.

There seems to be a set clique of gigs turn, polar, blotooth, etc <not that i have anything against them> that people on this board go to see.

its very rare that bands outside of this loop get a mention before or after advertising there gigs on this board. Just like this post and many others it'll die on its arse un-noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

well at least more people will see your post than will see posters you put up in coffee shops around town. If your stuff is played on phantom then posting your gig details may attract people who liked what they heard.

Incidentally, DA2 have cancelled a few gigs lately, though there are mixed stories on the reasons (sound restrictions or roof repairs) so be warned...

I have football training on wednesday so I'm afraid I won't be there.

OK, I'm off back to me clique...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

There seems to be a set clique of gigs turn, polar, blotooth, etc <not that i have anything against them> that people on this board go to see.

i'd have to disagree with ya on that one bandit... the folk i know off this message brd that come to see us also go to pretty much every other gig thats on at any time if they've heard anyhting of the band that they like.... kurdt and sandi'll back me up on that one i'm sure!!!

and if they get free ticks you know they'll be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Bandit, you are indeed the cynical one. I would like to believe that Phantom fans are receptive to bands and music they hear and not as elitist as you think they are, but i might be wrong.

I trust you will be there then?

As regards the Da2 thing, i have heard rumblings from the establishement but the venue have never let us down so thats good enough for us. As i'm sure the lads from Polar, Otranome. Oz and stuff know, its **** hard for bands to get into Whelans on anything other than a Monday night and The Da2 club across the road is something that music, especially new music, has been screaming out for.

Rudy is dead. And yes, a lot has changed Bandit. Come see and make up your own mind me thinks.

Stay tuned to Phantom for further details and hopefully some of THE 66 ELECTRIC's newly recorded material out in November.

66e trust you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Polarbelly's right. If I like anything I've heard by a band I'll go see them. ALL bands deserve a chance.

And polarbelly, free tickets or not, if they're good I'll be there anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kahlo

On the topic of Da2 and their "repairs"... interesting that no-one in the damn place has been contactable for the past 4 days, I mean all 4 contact numbers, e-mail addy everything. Colour me paranoid, but this is not funny. I manage a band launching their debut EP there later this month and none of us are happy about not being able to confirm whether the venue is going to be open or not. If it's just repairs why isn't Mick posting here to reassure everyone??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

And polarbelly, free tickets or not, if they're good I'll be there anyway!

i was just trying to get us some free tickets!!! you ruined my plan:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I didn't know there was a plan involved! Well I am trying to watch how much I'm spending on gigs now coz I'm at 2 or 3 every week. Free tickets are always welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

My band (Settler) had our gig cancelled in the DA2 on Friday the 13th!!!!
    Apparently their is a large crack in the floor upstairs and the building is being structurally checked and repaired.
    It would have been nice to get a phonecall from someone in DA2 to tell us that our gig was cancelled.
    I also heard that they have fitted a limiter to the desk which means that the PA won't output past 120db (I think). A drumkit without mics is louder than that.
    So, there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Kahlo

....apparently the PA system has now been removed from the building altogether. That's the good word from someone who used to run weekly club nights there and has given up on the gaff. You might want to check the thread Juno started and see sinister Pete's words of wisdom too. Not looking good for anyone with a booking there, and you can't even contact the sods to cancel!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I was in the venue today and was assured it is open and all gigs are on. The structural thing is pretty evident but our manager was assured that the venue will be opened by Friday and that THE 66 ELECTRIC are still playing there next Wednesday. The fact that they didnt even tell Settler that their gig was cancelled is irresponsible and really annoying.

And in a move of real maturity and class, they all turned their phones off. I'm trying to ring Mick Lennox right now but apparently the Vodafone customer i am calling cannot be reached.

66e are sick.

Advertisement