Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody play Smackdown ?

• 11-09-2002 1:57pm

Anybody on this board play smackdown ? ? I got it the day it came out . I unlocked everything . But when i made a Goldberg CAW it completly crashed my system and i had to erase the memory card . I looked this up on the net and i am not the only person this happened to .

Anybody got any thoughts on the game and is anybody going to buy the new game ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Did you use the crappy CAW code thing? i never use em cause they seem to make crap versions, all the moves are wrong.
    THe next one should be excellent too, i love Fire Pro G for the GBA too, amazing game

I dont actually mind the CAW . Some of them are really good. You need to get them from internet sights . I had fire pro on GBA but for the life of me i couldnt play it . My hands were in bits . I would love a Smackdown night . I used to play with my mates but some of them moved away . Imagine getting loads of people and having a King of the Ring on big screen in a pub . That would be such a laff.

Fire Pro i have to say looks exelent loads to choose from for such a small game . Just played Road to Wrestlemania too . Its OK just the same really .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

it takes a bit to get used to cause you are so used to smackdown, same happend to me, i play Fire pro more than smackdown now its so good, its a 1000000 times better than road to wrestlemania

a is light hit
    b is med hit
    ab is heavy hit

Tie up then
    a is light move
    b is med move
    ab is heavy move

L is rest
    R is Run

that will get you started, biggest thing in the game is timing, you cant just hammer the buttons, it takes a few shots to get it right though. just after you tie up wait a split second then try your move. you have to build up though, you cant use a heavy move straight off, start with light moves and hits and youll be cool

The game is great cause it has most wrestlers from, most feds they just changed the names a bit.

bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

I can't wait to play smackdown. I played fire pro (could have been D or something). Imagine in a few years we could be waiting for an IwW game to come out.

I like No Mercy better . I sold my N64 and now i miss the bloody game . I like the way the bones crack after a wrestler gives up and the way you can knock a wrestler out . Not like smackdown were you beat the crap out of a wrestler put him through a cage through the announcer table and still looks fresh . Also the way you cant lift the big show or rikishi due to their sizes . In Smackdown you can be Spike and slam big show . An IWW game would be great . What could be done is when RAW comes out for the PC we could tweak it and turn it into an online IWW game . I missed the first IWW show as i was in france . I am going to miss the second show as i am going to be in Oz for the month . Mabey i will get to see the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

i've had all of the previous smackdowns and thought they played well while lacking certain touches such as after you've been beaten the rock bout the head for half an hour there's no hint of even a small bit of blood, the wrestlers don't really get tired, a nice touch would be if you concentrate on a body part and after a while of beating down on it that the wrestler starts to guard it or hobble around if it's the knees.
    does anyone know who the new characters in smackdown 4 will be? so far i've heard about rvd, booker t, nwo and flair, but haven't heard about and of the rest of the invasion crew being included. if anyone knows can you let us know

Advertisement