Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap in hand ntl going to see Etain?

• 11-09-2002 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

With ntl now engaged in serious hassle with BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and BSkyB over demands by these programme providers for an increase in carriage fees surely it would be more sensible of them to put TV5, the ONLY ENTIRELY FREE channel they had available to them, back in to the basic (cheapest) package......

After all TV5 (and Eurosport) is still good enough for cable subscribers (after ten years of distribution) in most Chorus areas?

It would appear that an announcement is imminent on a major demand by ntl for an increase in basic cable charges...otherwise certain programmes will be cut from the external channels on cable as BskyB does on a regular basis to its subscribers.
    (no permission is required for any other ntl services contrary to Irish Independent's report to-day)

Will Etain Doyle say yes or will she wait to decide until the new ODTR 'company of three' is up and running?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The Independent group part owns a dismal shower named Chorus, a cable company as it happens, just like ntl

Surely the cost of their programming will rise as well and they will go to the regulator to ask for more money. Should the Indo not tell us that its sister company is also in trouble especially given their losses last year. Ohhhhh the indo did too, how balanced.

Hmmm, or do Chorus carry canal+ and tv5

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I for one have zero interest in watching TV5 and am glad to see it gone, it had taken up valuable space on the analogue network for far too long... but that's just my opinion, I'm sure other people have theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

has anyone ever watched TV5?
    i never did anyway, so its disappearance from ntl is no loss to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Does anyone think there may be a bidding war between Sky (Ireland) and the cable companies over rights to these channels?

Advertisement