Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

forwarding 086 to 087

• 11-09-2002 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

Just got my bill today and wanted to find out exactly what the story is with call forwarding.

I have an 086 mobile for home use, and an 087 mobile for work use. Last month i decided rather than carry both, i would forward my 086 to my 087.

When the bill came i was surprised to find my usage/costs were EXACTLY the same as the month before. Of course when i reviewed it i realised that i was being charged full price just to forward the calls to the 087. (makes sense i guess)

what i want to know is this; if i change over my home from 086 to 087 and keep forwarding my home mobile to my work mobile, will i see a drastic savings as it is on the same network? ie 087 forwarded to 087.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Vodafone charge a flat rate of 15c per divert to any number in ireland so you could divert it to your 086 if you liked. see

http://www.vodafone.ie/phonestariffs/ourtariffs/other/othercall/index.jsp?pageid=1031772471165

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

:( if you had done it the other way around you would have noticed a difference as sirlinux pointed out Voda operate on standard one charge per divert compared to O2 charging the same amount that the entire costs per divert.

there are a few subtle differences between the operators like this that can really add up depending on your service usage

one thing you could have done (can do): using the MyAccount feature on www.o2.ie you can "view your call details" and browse through the "calls since last bill" which shows the charges associated with calls made in the current billing cycle

for any GPRS users this is especially handy for tracking data usage, however they only provide the Kb usage per session and haven't provided for a total GPRS usage count (asked and they are 'looking into it')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭yankinlk

yeah, good point i see that now. only problem is that the "boss" pays the 087 so i want to make my calls with that sim.

so im gonna switch to 087. i actually think this was a long time coming (with them 5 years) and should see a dramatic difference in my phone bills from here on out.

the reason i think vodafone is cheaper:
    1. everyone else i know uses vodafone (75% at least) so 087 to 087 will always be cheaper.
    2. no divert costs.
    3. handy feature: divert symbol shows on 087 and not on 086. this means i dont have to answer a divert if i dont want to if i know its a sales call diverting from UK or some such.

...im sure there are other reasons....

Advertisement