Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishPlayer.com - ugh...

Options
  • 11-09-2002 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

I wrote to them asking what was up with the Halo tournament, they had said that they'd update with the status during the first weekend of September... it's now approaching the third. Within minutes (hey, that looks good, right? Wrong) I get a reply... but the reply is nowhere near what I expect...

"F*CK YOU NOEL, IT'LL BE UP WHEN ITS UP."

*Ahem* Is this the way a site should compose themselves? I know I've had some 'run-ins' with the people on this forum for my apparent arrogance, but I barely typed three sentences of an e-mail just asking about it - and got this in reply. Right? Wrong? Or am I just getting the wrong end of a 'joke'?

(Footnote: Ugh, that F*CK wasn't expleted in the e-mail :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I'd say its because you "came out" Noel.....its like all over the web.
    :)

TBH, this is the very first time i have ever seen that site but my daily browsing for gaming consists of:

ComputerAndVideoGames
    EuroGamer
    GamesIndustry
    RaceSimCentral
    Granturismo.com
    GTPlanet.net

and that is it.

Thanks for indirectly informing that there may be a Halo tourno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by chernobyl
    I'd say its because you "came out" Noel.....its like all over the web.
    :)

Really? No wonder Atlantic Homecare were sold out of flaming torches and pitchforks this week... :P

(Seriously? All over the web? Has everybody lost their grip on what's important :P?)

Thanks for indirectly informing that there may be a Halo tourno.

Hah! No problem ;) not many people seem to be into the ol' 'Box here - so I thought I'd just leave it for someone else to rattle on about... which nobody ever did apparently.

Thanks for the list of sites - I check some of them myself on a daily basis already (hah! Game-Ireland is *NOT* a daily site for me, if it was, I'd get bored after two days) and I'll be sure to have a look at the rest ^_^

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

are you "copy review" noel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by NoelRock
    I wrote to them asking what was up with the Halo tournament, they had said that they'd update with the status during the first weekend of September... it's now approaching the third. Within minutes (hey, that blah blah whinge whinge

You think the Games board is for whinging about some e-mail you got off somebody running a games website? Do you?

And do you think anybody really cares about a Halo Tournament?

Does anybody else suspect that Noel has been bleating to IrishPlayer.com every weekend and that they finally cracked and told him to FU*K OFF!?

I do, and so does my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

*Cough*
    Playerofgames.com

Any Website that replys with an email like that doesnt deserve to have readers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

EuroGamer
    GamesIndustry

Awwwww, I feel all fuzzy inside now :)

And, er, yeah - that's shockingly unprofessional and crap really. I dunno if Noel had been annoying them about the tournament but the least you'd expect is courtesy from a site peddling itself as being a content provider to the likes of Entertainment Ireland and Campus.ie - both of whom would probably be interested to know that their names are being muddied by proxy by this kind of messing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I do, and so does my wife.

How is plam and her 4 sisters these days ?

You think the Games board is for whinging about some e-mail you got off somebody running a games website? Do you?

Well... sorry if it's in the wrong forum, it just seemed appropriate...

Irish gaming forum filled with Irish gamers, some of whom may have visited IrishPlayer.com and might have an idea if they're alwayslike this or not... Again, sorry though - if you want to shift it to somewhere else on boards.ie you can, I suppose (Well, you always could...)
    And do you think anybody really cares about a Halo Tournament?

Someone went to the effort of making it and I was interested - Besides, I wasn't here to advertise it - why are you slammin' me like this? What did I do? :confused:
    Does anybody else suspect that Noel has been bleating to IrishPlayer.com every weekend and that they finally cracked and told him to FU*K OFF!?

First time I've contacted them on the net. Ever. I met Jamie at the XBox launch event and he said to e-mail him whenever I wanted, but being polite I decided to just use their on site form... and this is the response I get?
    are you "copy review" noel ;)

Eh...? Sorry - I didn't get you. (Yes, I'm an idiot at times :) oh look, I've made amp's day by saying that - delightful...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

both of whom would probably be interested to know
    They would prolly both like to know of other ppl to give them content so ;)
    Eh...? Sorry - I didn't get you
    Forget it. Distant memory of someone, with a name not unlike yours, coping reviews from edge for an old Irish reviews site. I was fishing :)

BTW - that halo tourney does indeed look good tho :)

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    They would prolly both like to know of other ppl to give them content so ;)

Forget it. Distant memory of someone, with a name not unlike yours, coping reviews from edge for an old Irish reviews site. I was fishing :)

BTW - that halo tourney does indeed look good tho :)

You know - that's the second time someone has mentioned that whole copying thing to me... sorry it didn't strike me earlier, distant memory for me too ^_^ it wasn't me though - I write my own stuff, or would, if I worked on a gaming site ;).

Yeah - it looks good, hope it all comes together, but judging from the mail, it isn't happening :( there goes a week of training as a team down the drain I guess - ah well, Domino's Pizza made up for it!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Venom

How is plam and her 4 sisters these days ?

Plam is fine and rested. Hows the wnaking going?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

He's going to England for the weekend :)

Oh yeah. Hope Newcastle get stuffed. Again.

amp: who'd like to pre-emptively point out that Bolton are a very strong side this season and the Filth have a lot of injuries/suspensions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Shinji

Awwwww, I feel all fuzzy inside now :)

And, er, yeah - that's shockingly unprofessional and crap really. I dunno if Noel had been annoying them about the tournament but the least you'd expect is courtesy from a site peddling itself as being a content provider to the likes of Entertainment Ireland and Campus.ie - both of whom would probably be interested to know that their names are being muddied by proxy by this kind of messing about.

I agree, it's shockingly unprofessional. Maybe some should tell XBox Ireland about this as its bad press for the poor old XBox and as IrishPlayer.com says they are doing it with "Microsoft's support".

monument
    gamire.com

Advertisement