Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Intelligence

Options
  • 11-09-2002 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

This is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US navy vessel with Canadian authorities off Newfoundland in October, 1995.
    The radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10/10/95:

Americans:
    Please divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision.

Canadians:
    Recommended you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

Americans:
    This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians:
    NO, I say again, divert YOUR course.

Americans:
    THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE
    YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

(Pause)

Candians:
    This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

It's been said before, with many other incarnations too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

done before but with americans and canadians role's reversed. also heard it with "british, irish", "french, german" "american, iraqi" ect..

Advertisement