Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky to be regulated in Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Radar

Looks like another reason for sky to up the charges as well.
    Assuming they are made pay the same 3.5 % fee to ODTR

While conceding that Sky did not agree with her reading of the new laws, Doyle said that her office was investigating the UK's group's status and that all operators should be looked at on the same basis, reports the Irish Independent.

The good old Irish Independent, from the people that bring us Chorus:eek:
    Trust them *sarcasm* Sky lovers as they are*sarcasm* to print a story like this.

To be honest I personally won't be holding my breath for Sky to be regulated here.
    The ODTR are not known for favouring competition and they aren't very effecient either.
    Their complete lack of guts in relation to DTT for instance being an example.
    Currently there is no DTT service in Ireland,presumably due to the ODTR humming and hawing over allowing It's TV(the only operators interested in providing a service) provide a wireless internet service alongside DTT-something that could be very profitable.
    Before I go completely OT here...whats the difference between having no competition for Sky in rural areas as at present and say It's TV going bust after providing a service-same result!
    I firmly believe they would take most of Chorus's customers giving them a good head start.

Sky are not eejits and aren't too worried about Ethain Doyle.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Simple solution.
    Stop asking Chorus and NTL to pay 3.5% to the ODTR as a licence fee.
    This is the real crux of the problem.
    The ODTR are trying to justify the fee that they charge the Cable companies.
    The OTDR are not part of the solution, they are part of the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Why would anyone worry about threats from ODTR(Ethain Doyle). Look at DTT and Ireland On-Line dumping Internet users. What did Doyle do or say "Nothing".

Advertisement