Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic GD87 / Sharp GX-10

• 12-09-2002 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

If you've had the opportunity to see both of these handsets, you'd instantly recognise the aesthetical similarities between the two. It's unreal, the Panasonic is the spitting image of the Sharp. Even the layout of the buttons are the same. The only noticable difference between them is that the Panasonic is a good deal thinner than the Sharp... who stole from whom? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah - they do look similar, but putting them into the context of their roots, for Japanese clam-shells the design can look very similar between manufacturers.

when taking a look at some of the clam-shells on offer there differences only appeared in keypad layouts and navigator design or camera and antenna position

taking a pair from the DoCoMo’s 504i series the Fujitsu (F504I) and NEC (N504I), they look as similar as the GD87 is to the GX-10, but their keypad layout and navigator design have differences

or for a camera phone example J-Phone Vodafone's NEC (N05) and Toshiba (T51) models, again they look similar bit have slightly different button layouts and the antennas are on alternate sides, although they emerge from the casing in an identical way

from the GX-10 model Sharp showed at CeBIT, i thought the keypads and navigator design had differences to the Panasonic GD87. the Sharp with a curved corner triangle pointing down around the circular navigator with two buttons in each top corner, and the Panasonic with a circle navigator and the four buttons around the navigator, and the function buttons in slightly different places (unless Sharp have redesigned it for production?).

it may be subtle, but that's as subtle as it can get with Japanese clam-shells, might be more a case of taking a clam-shell design from home and applying it abroad

Brian G

Advertisement