Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Cards

Options
  • 13-09-2002 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭

are laser cards accepted online and can i get one on an ulsetr bank dual account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Very unlikely - no "international" websites will accept it, as its and Ireland only card.

Cant remember if any Irish sites accept it off the top of my head :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

In order to get a Laser card, you have to have a curent account and have a full-time job with a good credit history.

The UB dual account will not allow for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

PaddyPower will accept laser online, there are a few others afaik.

A laser card will usually have maestro and cirrus on it too. You could use it on sites that accept those cards too. Not sure if there is any, but they'd only be european sites that would accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Tesco take laser online also. Why do no banks in Ireland issue VISA Debit Cards, they are the dogs.

On a separate but banking related note, does anyone know what the story is with the "Bleu, banking will never be the same again" adds, is this the Bank of Scotland current account?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by 80project
    In order to get a Laser card, you have to have a curent account and have a full-time job with a good credit history.

The UB dual account will not allow for this :(

What are you talking about? All adult Ulster Bank accounts allow for laser cards.

And Mr Pudding - I think it's for AmEx Blue credit card.

BTW, every shop on www.buy4now.ie accepts laser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by eth0_

And Mr Pudding - I think it's for AmEx Blue credit card.

/B]

I don't think so, that is spelt blue, on the adds it's bleu. Also the blue card is a credit card, the ad refers to banking. I think it is a teaser campaign, I just have no patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I got a Laser card from NIB when they first came out in 1996 (?) while still a student.....

eht0

That referred to irishGeo's situation as a student- the Dual A/c will not allow him to get a laser card. But if he was in a fulltime job the he could get a laser card with the dual.

--
    Damo
    I dont know what NIB's policy but it is the policy in most banks not to issue laser cards to students. In 1996, that of course would have predated much of the new banking regultions on conditions of accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by 80project
    eht0

That referred to irishGeo's situation as a student- the Dual A/c will not allow him to get a laser card.

It's eth0_ :OP
    Ok, didn't know he was a student. Maybe you can get a parent to be guarantor? It's kinda weird you have to be in full time employment to get a laser card, I mean, it's DEBIT so you have to have cash in the account...banks are bastards anyway.

Its not as much the issue of there being money in your account.

I remeber when I applied for one when I was in secondary school they said that most young ppl are too irresponsible and because you can "spend so quickly" with it, they only give it to "mature" peeps:rolleyes:

[What Their defintion of mature is...I'd like to know!!]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BOI will give a laser card to any student who has been with them for a year (providing you don't owe them monies and have been mostly OK at paying back stuff in the past). They gave me a Cirrus card before I went away, and it came in muchos handy. Much better than carrying tonnes of cash around with you. I assume Cirrus aren't accepted online but Maestro are?

Advertisement