Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto 3

Options
  • 13-09-2002 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I just bought it today - Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    However it turns out that my can of piss Compaq Presario 5000 can't run it because it only has an 8MB video card. I am very pissed off.
    Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a 32/64 MB card in Dublin and are they hard to install, also roughly how much are they?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i think the first thing u should find out is if the Compaq Presario 5000 has a agp slot
    i remember a few years ago they used onboard video cards the the motherboard had no agp slot
    they have probably changed that now but u would want to check
    i know of 3 places in dublin where u can buy video cards
    www.itdirect.ie
    www.peats.ie
    www.marx-computers.com
    if u have a credit card u should be able to find better value online
    id recomded www.Komplett.ie
    and as for price it varies depending on how good a card u want to get
    your talking €80-€350
    most cards that are less than €80 are useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 billymeehan

Cheers ears!
    Now all I have to do is find out what an agp slot is? No bother I have some nerdy mates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Paul, if you call me a nerdy mate just one more time..........just think of a chainsaw marigolds & plenty of plastic sheeting..... I'll fix it at the weekend for you......gimp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I just bought it today - Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    If your PC cant run it, whats sweet, the box ;)

Good man Mr K, I'm still unemployed and not even elligable for the dole, so I'll so not make it worth your while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Heres a tip-search the archives of this board if you get stuck.Because when sales of GTA3 were at their highest a good few months back now there must have been 5 or 6 GTA3 related threads every time I logged on here.Theyre full of useful info.
    Ah GTA3.That game which for about a fortnight kept me stuck to my armchair for 90% of the time i was awake and probably permantently added to the decline of my eyesight.I would have married that game had it been legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Heres a tip-search the archives of this board if you get stuck.Because when sales of GTA3 were at their highest a good few months back now there must have been 5 or 6 GTA3 related threads every time I logged on here.Theyre full of useful info.
    why didnt boards give gta its own forum???
    with vice city coming out soon enough, they'd be mad not to!
    bags mod if they do make one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

why didnt boards give gta its own forum???
    with vice city coming out soon enough, they'd be mad not to!
    bags mod if they do make one

****!
    dammit! Said it b4 me tman!..altho I have been running ore the idea of a GTA forum for a number of weeks.

Came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth setting up atm.

why?
    bcos...
    there must have been 5 or 6 GTA3 related thread

and in the majority of them the all had the same thing.
    be it the slowdown, where to find the garages...

Doubt if the Admin would see it as a viable exercise..>

[BUTT...co-mod IFF it does go ahead!:D :p ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Perhaps Ill be asked to moderate it.It seems that everybody gets their own forum to govern soon before or after they reach the No Life moniker:D
    Only 400 odd to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

rather than opening a new thread i have a question. i'm about 30% clear and can't find any missions to do. where are they or do i need a certain amount of money? it is starting to annoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There is hardly traffic to sustain its own board.
    I mean when it was released on PS2 there were a good few threads, same when it was released on PC.
    Then the threads die off.

mossy, what island are you on?
    money doesnt really matter in gta3, except for where you, (will stick in spoiler just in case)
    have to blow up the cartel boat on the first island and you have to pay 8ball $100g to get the bomb
    Otherwise, I dont think 30% is where you complete the story line is it?
    So there must be other missions out there.

all 3 islands are available
    i've seen the ending credits etc. after the Mafia boss's daughter is shot because she wont shut up (i presume that's what happened because the screen went black). this happened after the huge battle at the dam and Donald Love is still on the missing list
    i am seriously confused

the spoiler is for those who haven't played it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Did you kill kenji before doing any of his missions? Did you play the bitch'n dog food missions? (go to a phone near joey's on portland - it doesn't appear on the map). Have you done many rampages and picked up packages and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Did you do the El Burro, Yardie and Southside Hoods missions?
    Go to the payphones highlighted on the map and do the jobs.
    Packages dont count towards your percentage.
    Have you done all the unique jumps?
    Also, there is checkpoint missions, like a ride in the park, patriot playground, gripped and the one in the mutli-storey car park on the second island.
    Have you done any vigilante, paramedic or fire missions?
    As Stephen said there's the rampages too.
    You cant have done many of the above is your percentage is at 30%.
    Oh, there is the 2 car collecting missions too.
    One on Portland, and the other on Shoreside.
    There is loads of info on most of this stuff in the other GTA3 threads.

i am going to give it some serious hours over the week. a lot of what you guys mentioned is new to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

well Mr B as your such a serious sponger I will indeed take payment of your girlfriend for several hours for the installation of your graphics card, please make appriopiate arrangements of your girlfriend to my house asap :D

Cheap at half the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Perhaps Ill be asked to moderate it.It seems that everybody gets their own forum to govern soon before or after they reach the No Life moniker:D
    Only 400 odd to go.

Well yes, but only because for some people it takes that long to cop on.

Advertisement