Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you get a letter from sky regarding increase?

• 13-09-2002 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have known that the price increase was coming from seeing it discussed on this forum; despite this however, I was surprised to see the increase to €60 on my online banking because I never got any letter from sky about it.

Did you? Or do they know who reads the forums and save themselves the cost of a few stamps?

Mark. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yep, got one. Can't remember if it was with the monthly rag or a standalone letter...
    Or do they know who reads the forums and save themselves the cost of a few stamps?

rofl... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Yeah I got one a few weeks back but as far as I remember it said that the increase wont happen until my first years contract has expired which is November I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

It was on the letter that we receive with the Sky magazine. I think it was the August issue, but can't remember for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mark McG

Thanks Shane. I see. The letter than no-one reads. Except you apparently! Or maybe I am the only one who dumps all the bits of paper that come with mag without a glance. I'll know better in the future.

I wonder if any other people were caught on the hop. (people outside the internet savvy sky subscribers that is...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by lynchie
    Yeah I got one a few weeks back but as far as I remember it said that the increase wont happen until my first years contract has expired which is November I think.
    same thing for me
    wonder will i get another when my contract is up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Mark McG
    Or maybe I am the only one who dumps all the bits of paper that come with mag without a glance.

No that's me too - I'm always waiting to see if my letter about when some series I'm interested in will return. :rolleyes:

The letter is usually the same old drivel so I never read it - it just gets crumpled up with the plastic cover and binned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

After consultation with her Royal Highness, the Princess of Sky, Defender of the Remote, we did indeed get a letter. I think it might be time to downgrade to the cheapo pack. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ricks

Got 2 identical letters dated 13 days after service was activated. Not sent with Sky mag as I haven't seen one yet - got that to look forward to !

Main sub up to €60, not to be applied until 12 months sub expires, Film 4 increase immediate (1st bill after Sept. 1st) from €7.62 to €9.

They say they will send another letter 30 days before full sub changes

slainte,

Richard

Advertisement