Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube: Resident Evil

Options
  • 13-09-2002 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Okay, apparently this was released today. 2 points.

1. Anyone pick up a copy ? If so, which shop and how much ?
    2. Anyone played it yet ? IF so, is it any good ?

Comments

I can't answer the questions, I have it ordered and it's on its way now, won't be here till next week but it looks class, i've read reviews, seen photos.

The whole thing (and from what people have said about it, both fans and reviewers ) is supposed to be fantastic, better than the original thanks to the completely new and exclusive outdoor and indoor locations and monsters.

I'm eagerly looking forward to playing it, ah the sleepless nights!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Gamesworld in waterford are selling it for an atrocious €70. I havent checked anywhere else. If im buying it I'll order it off play.com or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Shred

Bought it in Game Henry street yesterday for €70.

As luck would have it, I had to go out then last night as it was one of me mates birthdays :mad:

Playing it today and I'd have to say (I'm a poet but I don't know it:p ), so far, it's absolutely amazing!

It just looks fantastic, the movement is a lot more fluid then before, the load times are a lot quicker the before, and it's starting to put the sh*ts up me already:(

€70 is a bit much, but after waiting a couple of years for the game I was happy to part with the money:)

Go buy it -where ever - just buy it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Virgin in Blanchardstown are selling Resident Evil at 45€ !!!!!!! thought it was a mistake but there all selling for that price:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Yeah i just picked it up from virgin in cork for 45 euro aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

It's maybe
    the best game ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Before the "I think it's pants" rant starts, I just want to say that the Resident Evil series has played a great part in my gaming career. There is something about that game that really does it for me. A feeling similar to when I played "Alone in the Dark" on the PC, back in '92 (I think it was). But when the first one came out on the PS1, I remember standing in Game on Grafton St. playing it on the big 60" projection screen. I was in my element.

As for this latest and greatest, I've heard nothing but good. A mate of mine that has recently started in his first (post college) job, and has more money than he needs, went and bought a Cube the other day for that very reason. I would probably follow suit, if I hadn't decided to take the postgrad in Uni.

But my guesses are that I'll be playing the game tomorrow afternoon, coz I can't see anything else better to do on a Sunday. If that happens I will give yez my opinion tomorrow night.

;-phobos-)

€45? F'ck sake, can't get it for less than €70 here.

Played it in a mates house today. Its fairly nice, it looks gorgeous but the controls are still awkward. The bloody door loading screens are still there too :mad: Apart from that its very nice, I'm gonna order it now :)

Virgin in Blanchardstown are selling Resident Evil at 45€

Haha......Sh*te:( Ah well, 'tis still money well spent

The bloody door loading screens are still there too

Aye they are indeed, but as I said - they load a lot quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

gamesworld are advertising online that their price is 60 yoyo's
    i went in today to get it and not one place had it for less than 70
    :mad:

• Advertisement

Aye they are indeed, but as I said - they load a lot quicker [/B]

Theyre the same as they were in the original RE's. I guess this is supposed to create some sort of suspense but all it creates is an urge to KILL MYSELF WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

got it yesterday for the horrible €69.99 price. But I must say, it was worth every penny. Excellent horror game, the zombies are so well done,it makes me feel all hot for a few seconds whenever I see one. :eek:

looks like this'll be consuming my life for a while...

Theyre the same as they were in the original RE's

You know, you're dead right. I put on RE2 last night and they are the same...:o

Think I'm just getting old, the brain's going to mush...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Picked it up in Virgin in the Square for 65 beans, ah well. Anyway, the game itself is fantastic, dripping with atmosphere. I've always a feeling of dread or impending doom playing it. Anyone been in the basement kitchen ? Type of place that you want to get out of the minute you arrive.

Doing fairly well. Got myself two of those masks for the crypt. On the piano puzzle at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

is it worth buyin a gamecube for???,just sold me dreamcast for 170 and thinkin of gettin a gamecube,i've played the ps1 version of it to death
    maybe ill just get project zero and silent hill 2 for ps2 instead
    oh the choices...

Originally posted by RasTa
    is it worth buyin a gamecube for???,just sold me dreamcast for 170 and thinkin of gettin a gamecube,i've played the ps1 version of it to death
    maybe ill just get project zero and silent hill 2 for ps2 instead
    oh the choices...

No not really, unless youre a really major RE fan. There is more than one game available for it though :p

Buying silent hill 2 isnt a bad idea either. It's excellent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i sorta disagree bout buying silent hill 2 over Resident Evil, its a good game but nowhere nearly as good as silent Hill 1 IMO and feel that gamecube + resident evil is the better option, so far the resident evil remake is incredible, even better than the original with enough new stuff to keep even those hardest to please inpressed. The Gamecube will be needed for Resident Evil 0 anyway so tis a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

After playing it at a mates gaff, I'm planning on breaking in to his house and "borrowing it" (yesss that'll do) for a while.

It's my favourite game ATM. Christ if I wasn't a poor student, I'd have a cube and Resy. At 22 it's going to be difficult to convince my parents that I still think Santa exists (feckit I gave in too easy). The 'ol, "I want that off Santa, and that off you and Dad, Mom!", was the first and greatest thing I ever said as a child.

But shortly after I drove my parents to financial chrisis, they assasinated mr. clause. Twas a bloodbath I was told. They could have told me he wasn't real, but they were far too hurt for that kind of thing. Oh the memmories *sniff :(

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JarJar bink

Messa thinka Fore-geta that man scary game thingy always thinka bout them Strar Wars

Advertisement