Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Aquila is the one that had the special E300 desk controller made for it right?

No, that's Tekki (can't remember the other name for it off the top of my head).

Battle Engine Aquila hasn't had much pre-hype yet, but it's looking great - British developer (based here in allegedly sunny Guildford), mad mech shooting game where you're in a transforming robot (goes from land-based to flying) which is the key unit on a giant battlefield. Gameplay is hard to describe - there's a solid shoot'em'up in there definitely, but you're only part of a huge army and your actions influence what happens to them and to the course of the battle as a whole.

There's a short demo on this months OXM if anyone fancies a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Aquila is the one that had the special E300 desk controller made for it right?

Nope, that's Tekki (Steel Batallion in the wesht). It looks to be a hardcore mech fan's wet-dream, though I can't really see it appeal to the casual gamer. I'll probably pick it up, if only because in a few years from now, I can sell the controller on ebay for 17 bazillion euro.

[edit]Grrr, beat me to it.[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

amoured core looks good, better than gun-metal alright, i have never played any game in this range so either will be fun to play, but i'd rather to get the best one. i havent bought a console since my n64, and i am considering the xbox, but the prices keep dropping the longer i have waited, i hear lately that microsoft bought rare, which means that perfect dark2 will be xbox exclusive, this game could possibly be the first must-have console game that makes me buy a console after ... when was n64 released?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

But in the end its the games that matter so at the moment the PS2 is the better purchase. (stating the obvious?)
    OMG, we arent going to start this tripe again are we,
    Is it that some ppl neglect the fact that the PS" has had so much time for its games to develope, and so has so many.
    What I mean is that the PS2 is the oldest of the 3 consoles, so why the **** do u think it has so many games!
    I remember when it was either a DC or a PS2, and back then the DC had the better games. Tekken tag was utter shiote, but it was a release title for the console, and no1 bitched back then.
    Of course times are looking up for the X-Box, by the time splinter cell is out the X-Box will be a year old, If games for the console had been mass produced by release date they'd go unsold, fact is not every1 can afford to buy like 7 titles with the console.....
    OMG! enough with this stupid PS2 has more Games cause the only thing it does really have over the other two consoles is TIME, a bit like Bulmers.

Grrrr! this is not what i need on a wednesday morning at 10:23 am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I'd be more swayed by the fact its got a huge installed base everywhere. The xbox is selling like dirt in comparison. Sony still has alot of pull with the larger developers and the ones it hasn't have mostly signed with nintendo.

Nothing really stands out on the xbox and shouts "buy me buy me buy me" and as a result no one is. Even the games that it will have seem to be aimed at a a minority of ppl. Theres not alot there that will appeal to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Frankly, anybody who buys a console on the presumption that good games will be released for it is a fool. You buy a console because of what is currently available, and in that regard, the PS2 is streets ahead of the other two.

Doodee: People neglect the fact that the PS2 has had so much time to amass a catalog of good games because, honestly, it doens't matter. The only thing that does matter is that the good games are here now.

What you're saying is that that the PS2 has so many good games because its been out so much longer than the other two. The important thing here is that it has good games - it doesn't matter that it took 18 months for these games to appear, they're here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Exatcly my point nekkid, My problem is ppl saying that the X-Box is **** cause it doesnt have enough games that warrent buying the machine or that Halo is an age'n Box seller, Fact is that the older the console gets the more great games will appear for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Dcully

Both consoles and PC have strenghts but i dont see a weakness in a powerfull PC.

I'd suggest the price €249 vs €1249+ but that would be churlish, because to compare a console to a PC is like comparing apples to cars, thay are not the same product at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

My problem is ppl saying that the X-Box is **** cause it doesnt have enough games that warrent buying the machine or that Halo is an age'n Box seller, Fact is that the older the console gets the more great games will appear for it.

This is true but only to a certain extent. There are other factors to great games showing up on a console too - and installed base is a big one. Top developers won't invest time in creating a game for an unsuccessful platform. There are far more developers working on PS2 and even on GameCube than there are working on Xbox simply because those consoles are more commercially successful right now.

Besides, why on earth would anyone buy an Xbox right now, when the prices are falling so rapidly and the great games are yet to come? Anyone who buys a console because it'll have games they want at an unspecified point in the future is an idiot - you buy a console WHEN it has a game you really want to play, not before, because if you wait for the game to come out you'll probably get the console for quite a few quid less...

Advertisement