Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection fees to NTL

• 13-09-2002 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

€150. Why so expensive? they're pushing people into the arms of Sky.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The €150 covers the cust for any extra point(s) which they wish to install, there is no extra charge for their installation. Also Its €150 to get Digi set as well. But the amount of days you will spend waiting for a tech to arrive you might as well go with sky. Oh and then theres low levels and having to wait on the phone for an hour or more.

€50 install fee for any amount of extra points you want. There is €2.35 charge each month for each additional point.

Note eircom don't mind if you get a seprate professional in to put in an extra point. NTL hate the DIY job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

yes, but don't eircom charge for a service call 40/50 yo yos and ntl don't

so if anything goes wrong, ntl fix it for free, with an eircom pt, you will have to pay someone most likely to put it in and then if they screw up or something goes wrong you will have to a service fee to eircom - screwed either way with eircom i say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No but Eircom give you a time to met with the tech. NTL give you a morning or afternoon. You will wait around for the NTL tech to come around and he won't come or you'll miss him in which case you have to wait another 5 days for the conection/service call.

NTL will also disconnect you if you DIY and Also will not service your house ever. and they charge you 2.36 per mth per extra point eircom don't.

I got a service call from Eircom for free as it was not my fault. Don't know about DIY jobs, but fair enough if the professionals didn't install it for you in the first place you should be charged.

Advertisement