Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP & Nv refresh problem - need a util that WORKS >:(

• 13-09-2002 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Okey, quick question:
    I've got the old 60Hz problem with XP, but none of the nvrefix tools (MKII included) I've tried will recognise my setup. (GF4mx440)
    I've tried various other refresh tools, but to no effect.
    So instead of googling for a few hours looking for one that'll do the job, I thought someone here could reccomend one...
    So any suggestions peeps? what do you all use? and what detonator versions are the most relyable for fixing?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf

That does the job with the 40.41's - should work with older drivers too though I've not tried it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I've tried that one before, it seems to work for normal windows purposes, but once I go fullscreen DirectX or OpenGL it's back to 60Hz.
    Right now I'm tempted to reinstall Win98 :(

That is strange. I'm running windows 2000 with a GeForce 4 Ti4200 and that software with the 40.41 drivers. I can play my games at 100hz - both GL and D3D.

Gah, I'll download the latest dets and try it again... (should only take a few hours) dear god I miss my ISDN :D
    This'd be a lot easier on IRC, but I can't be arsed sitting here waiting for mirc to download.

You'd think MS would get the finger out and fix this annoying ****e. (or will it be sorted in the next SP?)

Actually, I think its Nvidia's fault (so I'm told).

• Advertisement

I read somewhere (xp-refresh.com or something to that effect) that it happened on all cards, and that it was an MS problem.
    And sure enough the same thing happened when I installed my old Voodoo3. :/
    You'd think both NVidia and MS would get put their heads together and come up with a proper solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Blame MS it's their fault the cards default to the minimum rated setting as opposed to the maximum supported setting like in 98se. They write a new os, it's great, pity they didn't learn from their previous os's to avoid fumbles such as this.

Advertisement