Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD...You thought you were rid of me...

Options
  • 13-09-2002 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Bolt out of the blue....

I've just been offerred a Masters(LLM) in European Law. I had deferred one of my summer exams because I had 2 on the same day and I didn't think they would offer me a place because I had defferred but got into work this morning and in my inbox was a note from the course director asking me to ring her.

Within the space of a few mins my plans to go back to the New York and spend some time chilling out were out the window when I got the offer and was told it starts on MONDAY!!

Although I now have to cancel my flight and get loads of stuff shipped back from NYC, I dont think I coulda refused the offer as its a really good masters to get into. I'll have to finish my contract with ICOS up until the 27th Sept. but from therein I can start calling myself a Professional waster(aka Student) once again :D

So I might see some of you UCD boards peeps and college n00bs around the place over the next year :)

--
    Another year of the books lies in wait!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice one Dave, congrats

Hard to get into from what I hear - your results must be better than you pretend:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thanks Seamus:o

The real reason why it came as such as a shock was because it was so late in the day. I was confident I'd get the results, but becuse the Autumn Deferral result was coming out so close to the start date I'd resigned myself to doing it in a few years and starting other things in the mean time. The course director said they held a place for me as soon as my result came out which was pretty decent of them. Pity they didnt inform *me* of this though!!

Having said that I'm really chuffed about starting it. Its like getting offerred your CAO place all over again.

--
    BTW, how are you getting on with your postgrad stuff!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

i thought u were doing a grad dip in bus? man.. kids who live at home have all the luck... no rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

i thought u were doing a grad dip in bus?

Whaa? I've never discussed postgrad stuff on boards before this post. Must have me mixed up w/ someone else

man.. kids who live at home have all the luck... no rent?

Ehhmmm...
    Given the fact my parents live in New York and I'm studying and living in Dublin; I'd hardly call that living at home.
    And whats this no rent business.

--
    Have been smokin strong ciggies Lazer???

Advertisement