Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoring Factory Settings

Options
  • 13-09-2002 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

I've asked this question before, and didn't get much help. Having contacted Dell Support and searched online, I am trying again! If you can tell me how to restore the computer to as it was when I took it out of the box, I would be much appreciative. Below, are some of the details!

Dimension 8200
    Service Tag 59YD90J
    Express Service Code 11485832419
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
    Processor Speed 1.75 GHz
    Memory (RAM) 256 MB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Operating System Version 5.1.2600

And yes, I have tried system restore, but it only dates back to August, even though, I am sure I created restore points when I bought it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The Technology board would be a better place to post this but...

I assume the machine came with a restore cd? If so, all you have to do is put that in and reboot. It'll wipe the HD and reinstall Windows along with all the other junk Dell pre-install :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

re boot to dis mode (not a dos wondow in xp!!!) and use the command zztop this is a generic program installed on all dell machines, this will restore the machine back to its factory settings

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

cool, now how do i get into dis mode? (no- i'm not very technically inlcined!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I think he means boot into DOS.
    The restore CD will do the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

good man Frank grimes.....I had a good bit of the old sauce when I was writing that

• Advertisement
Advertisement