Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel ISDN Router Help Needed

Options
  • 14-09-2002 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I just bought a Zyxel Prestige 100 ISDN Router on eBay (from the UK).
    The ISDN looptest is fine and analogue calls are coming and in out through the router.

My problem is that I cannot get it connected to my network.
    When I connect it to my hub the "LNK" light on the router lights up and the "RX" light flickers constantly. There is no activity on the "TX" light.
    It is not assigning IP addresses via DHCP and I cannot ping it from the network.
    :confused:

My network is fine - I've been using ICS via my main PC and my main PC (winXP professional) has been assigning IP addresses ok via DHCP.

Any help/pointers would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

if you have ICS on the win xp machine it has a DHCP server too, shut down ICS and then see if you can get assigned an IP from the DHCP srever on the router. Otherwise try manually assigning ip addresses to two machines in the same subnet and see if you can ping each other. Final thought has someone put some strange config on the ISDN router, i know some 3com ones will only only assign about 30 addresses over DHCP before you have to reset them, find out how to do a master reset on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

try uplinking to the hub with a crossover cable.. or straight cat5 cable.. (whatever is opposite to what you now have)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

thanks for the pointers. I'm sending it back because it looks like the ethernet port is hosed. Great support from Zyxel UK by the way - emails on saturday & sunday.
    Xover cables etc etc didn't work so it's going back.
    Just bad luck I guess.
    Now looking for something else on eBay - seems to be plenty available.

Advertisement