Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpools stuttering Start....

• 14-09-2002 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Three draws in a row all of which should have been wins
    Bolton outplaying the Reds as I type though a goal down,
    (Owen on the bench!) I'm afraid very afraid...will they hit thier stride in time for Tuesdays game away to Valencia?. Has Houlier
    run out of ideas? Or should I just be glad I'm not a Man Utd fan? :D

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

What the hell is going on with Man United? Two losses on the trot the league is already over.We need to drop Blanc, Veron.Play a back four of Brown, O shea,Ferdinand.Silvestre.

And Buy a world class striker to partner Ruud,and we need to do it now before we turn into a mid-table team :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

reds all teh way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Its been a long time since i was on these boards and i' nearly need a degree in boards just to reply :)

Anyway Man U look screwed this season and arsenal look to have the league rapped up.

As a Liverpool fan myself i think we have the squad to come 2nd, its sickening to see them throw away 2 goal leads for 2 games in a row this was the team who last year rely on there defence to get them through Europe and get them 2nd place in the league,

Ah well it could be worse i could be a man u fan hahaha :)

Dont fuking believe this 1-1 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool are ahead again! :D

They'll soon conceed another....:(

Mike

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ! 2-2 :mad:

Mike.

:D 3-2 to the Reds! :D

I'm getting dizzy now...!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

What the hell is going on with Man United

WTF has that gotta do with the way Liverpool have started the league?

Anywho...Houllier thinks this WC burnout.
    We just couldn't seem to score that last finishing goal.

Becos of that, the defense has been under more pressure to keep the oppostion locked out.

Pity they cant.:(

At least Baros is showing he is a class act. :)

and yes Mike...be oh so glad your not a Man U fan.

I mean 30M on Ferdie and Milan spent 19M on Nesta?
    Some body OBVIOUSLY got robbed...:D

3 points in the bag 3-2 against bolton BRING ON Valencia hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

3-2. Two goals conceeded for the fourth successive game but at least the lads have finally learnt that it doesn't matter as long as you score three! :)

To be honest, I think the pool are doing ok so far. This is after all the only second time since 1990-1991 that they've got thru the first 6 games undefeated and because Liverpool strength currently lies in their ability to grind out results during the second half of the season (when all aroung them are floundering) this half decent start will bring us even closer to the title than last season.

It should also be noted that in those six games we've beaten Villa and Bolton, two teams we somehow managed to lose to in the first 4 games of LAST season so obviously something is going right this time around.

//

Oh, and lets not forget to mention Bohs 2-1 win over Shels last night as well! The title is as good as ours! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Houllier hasn't run out of ideas, he's playing the way the fans want him to: making the players attack more. And it is working, they've proved that they can score goals even when Owen isnt at his best (6 games without a goal from open play? Ouch.) We were very unlucky to drop points from the last 2 games, but that was down to the fact that either Hyypia or Henchoz was missing. (And because Shearer is an annoying f*cknut). Once they're both fit and Babbel is back, we should stop leaking stupid late goals.

Anyway, 'wan Heskey! :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

I'm thoroughly delighted we came away today with three points. This was a vital game to win. However, I still get this kind of nervous feeling supporting Liverpool through games like this.

The killer instinct that Arsenal seem to have in abundance I fear we are still lacking, and I've been in shock this last week with the draws against Birmingham and Newscastle.

To be honest I feel more confident when Liverpool play _against_ Arsenal or the like. Whereas, Arsenal seem to be able to mop up the "bread and butter games" with ease.

Anyhoo, am looking for to the Valencia game now !! Europe will be a welcome relive from the league I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I was listening to the match in work.
    I was nearly in tears when Bolton made it 2-2. I couldnt believe it, not again.
    And to make things worse the people I was working with kept laughing at me.
    The Heskey scored, and I did a little dance, and they stopped laughing and I started.
    And well, it's all gravy baby.
    Hopefully we can continue to win games and not draw them.
    Although, better to draw than to lose. Aint that right all you Man Utd fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Personally as a Arsenal fan Liverpool are the team I fear this year. With the squad they have they are a team to be feared and when they start firing on all cylinders some unlucky teams are going to be taken apart.

I reckon you lot will beat Valencia on Tuesday night. I just hope Arsenal have gotten over their Euro jinx from last year.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Think we will be Ok, Valencia have a great defense and can score from all over the field, top scorer last year had 8 goals, most of the rest of the team had 6 or 7. No easy task IMHO

Advertisement