Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Tribune reports "Flat Rate moves a step nearer"

Options
  • 15-09-2002 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Be sure to check out Matthew Magee's article in today's Sunday Tribune (15/9/02) titled "Flat rate net moves a step nearer".

It's very up to the minute information!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

any online version?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can't seem to find it online though tribune.ie is under construction by Unison! Maybe someone is keyboard-keen and will type out bits of it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

There's no online version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

So you mean I'll have to leave my house AND buy a newspaper?!?

Sounds like crazy talk to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The article is just an overview of the last couple of weeks of developments and and general internet environment in ireland regarding FRIACO and ISP activity.

Plus a few words from David Long...:)

The Sunday Tribune does'nt seem to have any web presence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

The article is just an overview of the last couple of weeks of developments and and general internet environment in ireland regarding FRIACO and ISP activity.

Well its important to have such a comprehensive overview in a nationally circulated newspaper. Not everyone reads Boards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Dangger
    It's very up to the minute information!

That's what journalism is supposed to be. It says a lot about the state of affairs regarding the attitude to technology, and reporting on it in this country, when people comment on something that should be covered anyway, actually appearing in the newspaper.

The state of IT reporting so far has been dismal. A certain national newspaper, in an IT column covering computer jargon, even described an icon "as a graphic on a website which, when clicked, will bring you to a new page".:rolleyes:

Hopefully this is the start of a better emphasis on, and more importance given to, technology and its impact on this country in the media.

Before my involvement in IOFFL I wept at some of the reporting in national newspapers.

By commenting on its "up to dateness" I am referring to the input we have into such articles. I spoke to the writer of this one for a considerable length of time earlier this week. As an organisation we are greatful for the opportunity to get our issues across.

These are complex issues and quite frankly uninteresting to the majority of the population. Its important for us to be able to ensure that people who do take the time to cover our issues have the most accurate and up to date information we can provide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

around the biz pages. Very balanced for the Sunday Independent I thought...sorry I dont have it here to quote.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

with a load of puff about broadband in Cork. Uncritical waffle about broadband in Cork of the jam jam tomorrow tomorrow variety. Look what it sez about ESAT for example.

M

• Advertisement

with a load of puff about broadband in Cork. Uncritical waffle about broadband in Cork of the jam jam tomorrow tomorrow variety. Look what it sez about ESAT for example.

Yeah spotted that and my heart sank :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal

That's what journalism is supposed to be. It says a lot about the state of affairs regarding the attitude to technology, and reporting on it in this country, when people comment on something that should be covered anyway, actually appearing in the newspaper.

The state of IT reporting so far has been dismal. A certain national newspaper, in an IT column covering computer jargon, even described an icon "as a graphic on a website which, when clicked, will bring you to a new page".:rolleyes:

Hopefully this is the start of a better emphasis on, and more importance given to, technology and its impact on this country in the media.

When i read this i thought of Homer Simpson and all i can say is DOH! :p

OHP

Advertisement