Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extracts

Options
  • 15-09-2002 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭

Here's an idea. How about if people post up small extracts from books they like and want to recommend to others? No larger than say 500 words or so. Any genre at all. It'd be a good way to check out different authors and styles before buying, instead of just relying on someone going "read this dude it's great."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I'll be damned if I am gonna type in 500 words of any book I have read. Much and all as I like you guys, I 'd rather be reading a book than typing one up.

Stick around for a while, generally the reviews here are quite good and if ya don't like a book somebody has read/recommended, don't listen to them when they say "read this dude it's great." next time..

Advertisement