Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blob - classic scfi horror (1958)

Options
  • 15-09-2002 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Synopsis:
    A giant moving mass of "gook" terrorizes a small town and the teens in it.
    A MASS FROM OUTER SPACE GROWS IN PROPORTION TO THE NUMBER OF HUMANS IT DEVOURS.

STEVE MCQUEEN'S FIRST MAJOR STARRING ROLE.

The Blob features Steve McQueen's debut as Steve Andrews, a local teen who witnesses the invasion of his town by a monster that consumes its victims completely. With the help of Jane, (Aneta Corseaut) and a group of local trouble makers, Steve tries to warn the town before it is too late. Despite his heroic efforts he is met with strong resistance by local law enforcement officials. Only the chief believes there is some truth to the outlandish story that Steve is ranting about. The town's failure to heed the warning makes matters worse, for the longer their disbelief persists, the more people are killed and the bigger and more powerful the Blob grows.
    Seen this film a long long time ago, I was pritty young, scared the shú‘ outta me :)

http://www.psychotronic.com/mm/b/blob.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Did'nt they redo it?
    I've seen a B&W version and a colour one.
    (being a modern lad) i prefered the colour one, tho i dont know why. Prob cos it was in colour :p

Were there any major differemces between the two?
    I dont remember very much about this film, except for the start and end bit of the colour one.
    i can remember thinking it was great tho :D

Is this on soon? is that why your posting it? :)
    /me will scan the guide

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

hmmm twas colour maybe it was the remake 0_o

*just trying to draw in more traffic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭DrizztIE

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Did'nt they redo it?
    I've seen a B&W version and a colour one.
    (being a modern lad) i prefered the colour one, tho i dont know why. Prob cos it was in colour :p

Were there any major differemces between the two?
    I dont remember very much about this film, except for the start and end bit of the colour one.
    i can remember thinking it was great tho :D

Is this on soon? is that why your posting it? :)
    /me will scan the guide

===================================
    I think, horror films, nobody wants to remake them or even make good to excellent movies anymore... well that's my opinion.

Advertisement