Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckhams Elbow...

• 15-09-2002 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Keane gets sent off and a three game ban, Beckham gets
    no sanction.

Just the difference in refs or a difference in attitude?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dunphy didnt think either shoulda been red carded.

Beckhams was more likely to have been an accident i think. I dont think it was but it was possible that it he was just going for the ball wil his elbow up a bit.
    Keane's was a sending off offence imo he meant to elbow him and that was very obvious. Doesnt matter if macateer is a muppet or not, he made contact, however slight, and got sent of for it. (i sill think macateer over did it :p )

Maybe Beckhams incident was seen more lighlty as a) england skipper, b) was only tryin to protect the ball c)was an accident. Keanes was less likely to have been an accident :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't think Beckham was out to hurt Bowyer and yes Keane was
    showing intent, but the rules are clear, a raised arm/hand which makes contact will be punished.

I certainly think the only issue should be intent, so Becks would be okay while Keane would be sent off.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I would be generally be a fan of keane, but I reckon the decisions in both cases were correct, any pushes for there existing an "anti-keane conspiracy" would be wrong; at least on this evidence. What hasn't been correct in both cases is the inflated media response... only to be expected I suppose.

What the papers been saying?
    i havent looked at one in errr, weeks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

What about Ole 'HatchetMan' Solskjaer?? He hacked down Ian Harte big time and should have been sent off. When even that little pox bag is hurting people you know there's trouble in the ranks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea it's totally Biased,Beckham gets away with Murder the same as Shearer before him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

because the referee gave a free and thinks he dealt with it fully there and then the fa say there can be no disciplinary measures implemented by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not entirely true, the referee can watch the game and decide if he thinks there was intent. He can then put into his report that there was an oversight, otherwise, Golden Balls has gotten away with what IMHO was a blatant elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

The referee in that match was VERY lenient IMO - most other refs would have given Beckham a yellow if not sent him off, and there was a lot of other incidents in that match that deserved cards... Alan Smith, for example, got away scot free with two yellow card offenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    Not entirely true, the referee can watch the game and decide if he thinks there was intent. He can then put into his report that there was an oversight, otherwise, Golden Balls has gotten away with what IMHO was a blatant elbow.

but the ref has said he dealt with it fully and that he is happy with his decision, as i said in me post. so the fa cant take any action unless the ref suddenly changes his mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

outrageous!!! i hear tonight that Henry may be penalised by the FA for his little elbow incident (he didn't connect with his elbow but a raised arm is a raised arm), fair enough.

how the hell is Beckham getting away with it. double standards i think :mad:

Yeay for the biased FA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by mike65
    Keane gets sent off and a three game ban, Beckham gets
    no sanction.

Just the difference in refs or a difference in attitude?

Mike.

I think it was because Keane was trying (and able) to cause harm with his elbow .... whereas Beckham on the otherhand is a little pansy with a funny haircut who couldn't deliever a decent elbow to save his life.

Plus the FA might have noticed that Keane doesn't line-out for England (and score the odd free kick for them once every two years).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Beckham is like that. Dirty lil elbows...he lashes out after tackles and gets away with it and because of that he continues to do so.

Watching the game, he did raise his arm to Bowyer and should have got a card.
    He should have know better after Keane's incident .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭denhamd2

Becks gets away with murder. any1 notice after he gets fouled he rols around the pitch like he's been shot. is it me or should United cash in on him now and squeeze him for all he's worth to some sucker, like Real Madrid? Swap for Figo!

what have his rolls got to do with selling him?
    why sell him when we short on midfielders and backup ne way.
    we need more players, not less ffs.

It's not like Man U is exactly poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 JACK666

He is about fit for division three.

JACK666 You should change your name to JACK*SS,stop your newbie muppetry.

Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are 'Sposs' , or should I say 'SPA'ss. You think you're opinions are validated, just cause you have more posts than me?

Its nothing to do with the fact your a newbie its to do with the Fact that you have just posted on about seven different topics on the soccer board and none of your points made any sense or offered any constructive opinion,to say David Beckham is not fit for Divison three proves my point.

• Advertisement

Is there some law that says i cant post what i want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No there is'nt but you wont last long unless you shape up!

We may at times resemble a rowdy mob but at the end
    of the day we try to run a fair minded, well run ship.

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

There is something very familiar about this guy......a few new posts.......registered in Sept......posts on every topic....talks absoulute whaffle.......will eventually insult someone with some slur...... me thinks this guy should skippy along!!!

thing is that there are a lot worse players who would play in div3 before David Beckham would have to relegate himself to those dizzying lows ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by JACK666
    Is there some law that says i cant post what i want.

Yeah, there is. Me.
    I am the law. :)

Banned.

DeV.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Classic DeVore - Some how I think he will be back, its like figuring out what stupid hair style Beckham as to which name this muppet is goint to use

Jack666
    Skippy

!

Christ I am ravelling as much as him!!

Advertisement