Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is XFM?

Options
  • 15-09-2002 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

Is it a dance station or an electronica station? Or what?
    I only found it the other day, and have heard it twice now.
    Both times it was pretty late, and the music was electronic.
    So whats tha dilly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Thats what I've been trying to figure out for the last 11 yrs. Its an "Alternative" station. Mix of indie (non pop) electronic and other stuff..... Music that you should'nt here elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's 11 years old?

yep....started in October 99 (Alice's Restaurant) playing stuff like The Dead can Dance, Lush, The Breeders, Moby(yes he was alt then), Sheep on Drugs, Thrill Kill Cult, RATM and others. The indie scene was complimented by a massive electronic influx at the time which went on to Industrial, electronica, trip hop and lots of off the cuff stuff. There was no Pirates or mainstream station catering for this at the time so with a history of messin with Pirate radio in the 80s we decided to go for it around then. I think there was two other new Pirates who started then at the time playing dance... Sunset FM was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

What time does transmission begin?
    Some times I go to it and it's only static.

Generally we go live around 6pm to 6am.

• Advertisement
Advertisement