Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

korn/puddle of mudd

• 16-09-2002 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone was at korn/puddle of mudd the other nite???
    What was it like, what did they play and was there a big crowd at it???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Was a good oul gig, thanks phantom FM for supplying me with a pair of tickets!
    By 'good', i mean both bands played well.

Now to the bad parts.
    A> Venue. It was a ****ing corrugated iron BARN. Sound was absolutely atrocious. I know korn are very bass heavy but the mix was muddier than a wet weekend in a peat bog.

B> No bar. Apparently a few guys got tanked up at Xtremefest in June and beat the bejaysus out of the security guys there, so the RDS has banned bars at metal gigs for the forseeable future. Bah.

C> It started REALLY early. Doors were at 7, now, in my head that would mean first band on at 8pm ish. There was apparently a band on before puddly of mudd, so I got there at around 8.15, and only got to see POM's last 3-4 songs which was a little annoying.

If i'd paid 50 euro to see that show i'd have been really dissatisfied, put it that way.

Good points were that the bands played well, JD got out the bagpipes, and the security was really good, and there was not a LOT of kids and any that were there were with their parents - yay to the 'no under 16's unless accompanied by someone 25 or older' hahah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ii paid the €50 to go and i thought it was brillent . korn were deadly . best band ive seen live this year . tho air conditioning could of been used .

as for the alco . didnt reely bother me i was there for the music not alco

as for how early it started i arrived at 7:30 and puddle of mud were playing so it did start a bit early but then again who cares about the band from england wasnt there to see them pom were a bit crap if ya ask me

ye there was a load of kids at it but it was still class .

as for how the music sounded .. well was grand where i was standing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I thought the gig was good, apart from the hour wait between Puddle of Mudd and Korn.Trust Co,imho, rocked.
    Puddle of Mudd sucked,though.Their lead singer spent most of their set telling the rowd to suck his dick.

Advertisement