Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coverting Divx to VCD?

Options
  • 16-09-2002 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if its possible to convert Divx movies to VCDs so I can play them on my DVD player.

A list of software that can do it would be great also.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You can do it, yes. However it'll be converting from one lossy format to another so the quality will drop significantly.

As with all other posts on divx this and that, have a look at www.doom9.org - they have the info you seek

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Well if it only gets worse converting form Divx to VCD I won't waste my time.

I'll simply have to run my s-video cable from the computer to the tv and watch it on TV out.

Thanks for the site and info.
    Timeout

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamylon

running from the computer to the TV is probably the best idea all round.

The quality of the VCD's is really dependant on the quality of the origional DivX. VCD is less clear than VHS.

I'm in the same situation.
    I find it much easier to just put VCD's in the dvd player as the computer is in another room. Having to run to the other room to pause an avi every time you want to take a piss or make tea is a pain in the ass.

Advertisement