Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up an amp.....Problems !!!!

Options
  • 16-09-2002 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I recently bought myself a new amp, the Pioneer VSX-D510 and I'm having a problem setting it up properly......so I thought where better to go then here.

Basically I have it set up as follows.

Each speaker set up correctly, the front right and left speakers wired into a Warfedale passive amp and then on to the speakers. The TV connected via a 3 phone cable connection, the Video connected via a 2 cable connection. My dvd player connected via a coax digital cable (no optical out on my slightly older DVD player. My problem is getting sound out with Dolby Digital or DTS. Everytime I play back a disc the amp displays the pro logic sign. According to the mannual this will be displayed during two channel playback of Dolby Digital ? what does that mean ?

I have programed all the setting as per the mannual...speakers etc. I've told the amp that the coax input is the dvd player, I have selected the DD DTS option, but when I play any of my disks....all I get is the pro logic ???

Where am I going wrong ?

:(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I have selected the DD DTS option

Not all dvds are in DTS, so the amp might default to prologic if it finds a non-DTS signal on that input.
    Is there no auto option on the amp? Should usually be one... and is the best option for DVD playback.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

Problem solved. When I checked my digital out setting it was set to Dolby Digital > PCM

When I changed it to just Dolby Digital the DD sign lit up and there was an improvement in sound. The DTS option is also set up correctly on the DVD player. The amp will distinguish between the two and switch itself to the correct format. The pro logic thig threw me though because the instruction mannual (a real sign of getting old is when you actually start reading these things) mentioned something about two channel playback which confused me

Thanks anyway

Advertisement