Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incredible DRUMMER NEEDED for Incredible band

• 16-09-2002 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say we are looking for a talented
    drummer in the dublin area.
    Preferably not a metal / nu -metal type drummer, but
    if you half as good as jimmy chamberlan or larry mullen
    we want you

This would definitely be a rock / rock n roll band.
    Our influences vary a lot , i mean *really vary
    Anything goes from classical music to sixties rock to
    zeplin , hendrix etc to 90's rock eg, nirvana, coldplay, u2,
    radiohead, longpigs, primal scream etc .

At the moment we have a great singer who plays the guitar and writes the songs, and a very funky bass player who doesnt write the songs but gives a lot of creative critisicm and myself who plays the guitar and does a bit of backing vocals , we've got about 15 - 25 songs ( some unfinished ).

For what its worth we have a few contacts in the industry
    and hope to get a tape together for some 'dedicated ears'.

If any of this makes sense to you , reply here and we'll give you
    a shout.

P.s Not giving out my email yet, i dont really want to hear from people who think the taste in music's crap / we wont make it / get a proper job etc :) We'd appreciate people who arnt wasting our time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Good luck to ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

haha!
    good luck to ya, finding ANY drummer, let alone a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Thanks for the (pseudo) support lads,

I'm pretty confident theres someone out there
    who can do the job ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah best of luck with that.
    I'm a drummer myself, but I'm already in a band. Quick question though... "As good as Larry Mullen"?
    Do you really think Larry Mullen is an exceptional drummer? He's solid alright, but there's nothing particularly special about his playing. I'm just wondering, not slaggin your style. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Dr. Loon, Im not a fan of U2, but Larry is a good drummer, but it just isn't that evident in any U2 songs. You could say that he doesn't carry much weight when it comes to song writing, if you get my meaning :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Giblet
    Dr. Loon, Im not a fan of U2, but Larry is a good drummer, but it just isn't that evident in any U2 songs. You could say that he doesn't carry much weight when it comes to song writing, if you get my meaning :)

He's a good drummer yeah, he ain't excellent. No way. He's plain and unimaginative, but that's his style and the bands style. He's VERY solid, and never misses a beat, so in that respect he's good.

There is however, no way, he's an excellent drummer, such as the likes of Dave Abruzzesse, John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Brain from Primus... they are excellent drummers. Larry is the most boring drummer I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i hate it when bands call themselved incredible or excellent or anything like that, ...says who??? you?

Originally posted by bombidol
    i hate it when bands call themselved incredible or excellent or anything like that, ...says who??? you?

Me too. Although I must say I'm an excellent drummer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah now Bombidol, How are you supposed to know if anyone else is good, if you dont know how good you are yourself. I have to say that i am t3h own:)

Advertisement