Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumbnails

Options
  • 17-09-2002 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I use Paint shop pro 7.4
    and to design the site i use marcomedia dreamweaver.

but

i dont know how to creat thumbnails can anyone help, i dont know if it should be using the editing the pictures or the coding.

i wasnt the pics on my site so when they are clicked you see the bigger image, thanks in advance for any help

Tushers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

You can get Thumbnail generators out there. (Legal: Dont get warez software, warez=bad, i should know, i got warez)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Something like irfanview would be useful for you, check out sites like tucows.com, they're full of freeware for this sort of thing.
    I'm not sure if this is the answer to what you're asking but with thumbnails you create a copy of the file it'll link to, but just resample or resize it down to a much smaller size and this will then link to the big version of the file. Ifranview is good for this as you can do batch conversions, i.e. provide a list of files you want to create thumbnails for, set the size, quality etc that the want the thumbnails to be and let it go through.
    You would be able to do all this through paint shop pro too, it's just a matter of resizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Express Thumbnail Creator is great, very steep at $39 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

As far as i can remember there is an extension for dreamweaver that creates a gallery and automatically creates thumbnails and links from your images (you need fireworks installed) cant remember the name of it

- there is a new one there now called Web Photo Album 2.1 for MX it sounds good (havent tried it)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

thankyou for the help i will look into the dreamweaver bit as if that does it would be better then using a different prog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

fi, have you checked you private messages??

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

yes i did, sorry real busy here just had a look but im stil at a loss im sorry

Advertisement