Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digibox aerial input

• 17-09-2002 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I would like to hear from anyone who has connected their TV aerial into the back of a SKY digibox. When I had SKY installed (in Scotland) the installer was quite keen to connect my roof aerial through the digibox, but I refused. I do have the RF output connected to distribute the signal around the house. I then noticed that when a TV is turned on in a bedroom an old type phone in the living room tinkles. What I want to know is can the digibox "read" teletext transmissions thereby identifying the location of the box!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

The installer was right to tell you to plug the aerial socket into the RF input of the digibox. It will enable you to distribute the terrestrial channels around the house as well as whatever digital channel you are watching.

The digibox has no way of knowing where it is. If it is connected to a phoneline Sky can figure out generally where it is located by using caller identification - but the digibox doesn't have a clue.

I have no idea why the phone is ringing when you turn on a TV upstairs. It is unlikely that the digibox is to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

if the phone is on the same line as a connected digibox
    then maybe when the digibox uses the line it causes the "old" phone to ring????

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

The installer was right to tell you to plug the aerial socket into the RF input of the digibox. It will enable you to distribute the terrestrial channels around the house as well as whatever digital channel you are watching.

ShaneOC

Sorry but can you expand a little on this.

I have the digi box connected to the tv in the sitting room. I have a “cats ears” connected to the digi box (to watch the GAA matches). I also have a cable connected to RF OUT on the digi box which goes to the tv in the bedroom.
    Can I watch the GAA games in the bedroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Yes you can. The digibox passes the terrestrial signal through (just like a video) and it adds the digital channel. If you can watch RTÉ1, Net2, TV3 and TG4 through the "rabbits ears" (cats ears may not be strong enough :D ) on the main TV then you should also be able to tune in those channels in the bedroom. This will allow some level of flexability with what you can watch as you will be able to watch the irish channels at any stage no matter what is on the digibox.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Thanks ShaneOC

I have a cats ears on the tv in the bedroom. So I will be taking this away tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement